CHAPTER 24 - One Lucky Guy

He shook his head, clearing his thoughts and forced himself to read so you wouldn't have to wait. But not before sneaking a glance at you from the corner of his eye, a soft smile gracing his lips.

"COME TO DINNER!"

You flinched at your brother's voice which came from downstairs.

"Let's finish the paragraph," Camilo muttered, entranced by the book. It only took a few seconds for you both to finish it so Camilo closed the book and stood up, you following while pulling his ruana off.

"There," you said, handing it back to him. "Thank you though, it's really comfy."

He smiled, throwing it on while you two walked out the door. "Well, I hope it helps with the illness at least a bit. What do you think of my room, by the way?"

"It's awesome!" you said genuinely. "Like seriously- you're so lucky that you have so many books and your furniture also shapeshifts- You're one lucky guy, Camilo."

"I sure am," he smiled. Mostly because I'm friends with you. He sniffed the air. "I don't know that smell... But I can also smell Tía Julieta's cooking."

You frowned, also sniffing the air while going down the stairs. "Oh, I think Eddy's also cooking. Smells like he made... waffles!" You ended the sentence with a cheery tone because that was your favorite food.

Camilo's eyes seemed to sparkle a bit. "Oh I hope you're right."

You and Camilo stepped in the dining room, seeing the pile of waffles on the table right away. "Yes!" you cheered, taking your place at the table, Mirabel, Antonio and Aiden were already sitting and the rest also came soon.

"Let us eat!"