CHAPTER 27 - Solemn

"Hmm, weird is that you don't know," you hummed. "I mean the candle, up on your Abuela's windowsill- I mean, if I'm correct with the room."

They looked at you with mouths hung open. "Are you serious?" Camilo breathed.

You frowned confusedly. "Yeah. The butterfly design and everything." You took a bite of your sandwich which you almost choked on as Mirabel grabbed your shoulders, lightly shaking you back and forth.

"You have to show us," she insisted.

"'Kay, 'kay," you muttered after swallowing and standing up. "It's weird how you don't know what's in your own house," you joked as you three made your way through the crowd.

Camilo stopped walking momentarily, placing his hands on your shoulders and looking you directly in the eye while hunching his back. Not because he was taller than you, in fact, you were the same height, but rather because he wanted to look secretive to not get the others' hopes up. "This candle is where we got our gifts from. But then a bunch of stuff happened and the candle was gone," Camilo spoke slowly, making sure you understood every word. "So if it's back then that would be incredible news."

"Ohhh," you said with a smile etching on your face. "Well come on then, I'll show you where I saw it."

Now, you three walked even faster until you made it to where all the rooms could be seen from. "See?" you pointed to the upper window where the candle was blazing.

Mirabel squealed, jumping into the air before hugging you. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

"What did I do?" you asked confusedly.

"You told us and noticed it," Camilo beamed as all of you started running back into the garden, Camilo semi-dragging you along by your arm.

"The candle's back!" Mirabel yelled, making the yard go quiet. Murmurs went through the crowd. "It's back! On Abuela's window! Y/n saw it and showed us!" she explained in a hurry.

You felt awkward at the mention of your name, after all it was just an observation that you decided to mention.

"Show us," Alma said seriously but with a hopeful glint in her eyes. The crowd started moving, Mirabel going first, you and Camilo behind her while Camilo was still holding your arm and all of the others were right behind you.

"It is back," Alma gasped. Looking around, you could see everyone's eyes get watery with happiness and you smiled softly. A part of you felt as if you were the one to make everyone happy and that warmed your heart.

Camilo suddenly hugged you but pulled back immediately. "Sorry," he apologized. "I didn't mean to do that, I just-"

You hugged him. "It's okay," you assured before pulling away again to pat his hair. "It's a big day for you and your family after all. I'm happy I got to be a part of that."

"Y/n!" a voice suddenly exclaimed from behind you, making you turn around. Pepa stood there, Félix behind her. "Thank you so much!"

"It's nothing," you said bashfully, smiling at them. "After all, I just said what I noticed. The candle's really beautiful."

"Yeah but it's big news," she said. "You should take more pride with your actions, you're too humble for your own good sometimes."

You laughed lightly. "I get that a lot."

Music surged through the place and Félix pulled Pepa to dance and in a short moment, everyone was overall having a good time. Camilo nudged you with his shoulder. "Hey, are you okay? You seem out of it."

"Yeah, yeah, "you answered offhandedly before glancing up at the candle. "It's just that... I have this solemn type of feeling. Like something big is coming."

Camilo chuckled. "I thought Bruno was the one to tell the future here."

"Oh shut up," you laughed, punching him in the shoulder playfully.