CHAPTER 43 - Felicidades!

"Patience, Camilo," Alma reminded.

"Yes!" Dolores squealed happily before jumping from her chair and giving Mariano a hug. Everyone else was also beaming, Alma looking especially pleased. You felt kind of awkward but you simply decided to ignore that. Instead, you smiled softly, happy for Dolores, who was now engaged.

The doors of the dining room opened. "Felicidades!" the townspeople outside cheered and clapped. The people inside also clapped along. Next thing you knew, everyone started individually congratulating Dolores and Mariano.

"Hey, c'mon," Camilo said, taking your arm after you, too, had said your congratulations. Of course, he had also congratulated the couple.

You only nodded to him and he dragged you out of the crowd and out of the kitchen. You also gave a slight goodbye wave to Malachi because you were planning to go to sleep. You and Camilo came to a stop in the front room, where everyone's doors could be seen. "So, what I wanted to say before was..." he started, fidgeting a bit. "Would you... Would you like to hang out with me tomorrow? After we finish our chores?"

"I'd love to," you grinned. Then you yawned. "But I think I'll head to sleep for now. It's been a long day."

"Have a good sleep, Florita," he said, walking you to your door.

"You too," you smiled back with a slight blush before closing your room door after you.