CHAPTER 13 - Just... Read

"Okay," you shrugged, looking around the town, book under one hand and Rose holding onto the other. The little community wasn't as busy as it was the last evening but that was to be expected, considering how early it still was. So in no time, you arrived in the yard of the magical house.

Pepa was gardening so you decided to greet her. "Good morning."

"Oh, Y/n," she smiled, looking up. "What brings you here?"

"I came to take Rose to play with Antonio. I hope that's okay," you borderline asked, nodding to your sister.

"Of course," Pepa nodded. "Antonio did say that he was waiting for a friend to come over to play. Is it only you two?"

"Yup, only us this time," you smiled, starting to walk towards the house again.

"Have fun!" Pepa called after you two. You gave a slight wave over your shoulder, releasing Rose's hand as you reached the doors which decided to open by themselves to let you in.

As soon as the wild Rose was set free, she bolted to the stairs, making you have to follow her since you were kind of in charge of the five-year-old right now. She ran to Antonio's door and knocked eagerly, hearing a faint 'come in' after. She went in and you managed to slip your fingers in the door frame and go in too after her.

You were amazed by the size of the room but not exactly surprised, considering all you had learned about the Madrigals.

"Good morning, Antonio," you greeted him, sitting down on the grass. "I'm just here to 'supervise' Rose so don't mind me. I'll just...," you trailed off, opening the book. "Read." The end of the sentence came out as a low mutter as you were already fully in the reading zone, blocking out all the outside world.