CHAPTER 17 - Rain

"Mierda," Pepa breathed out, her eyes going wide and a cloud appearing over her head.

"Mi Vida, calm down or you'll make it worse," Félix panicked.

"Clear skies, clear skies," Pepa muttered.

"We must get everyone back inside," Alma said firmly.

"And we should probably go," your father spoke up, "otherwise we won't get home."

"No, stay, please," Alma said kindly. "It looks like one of the storms to last for a few days and not let anyone out so the more the merrier. We could use some company."

Julieta, who had joined them at some point, nodded in agreement. Your father seemed to think. "Alright. But Y/n, Esther, go home and fetch some clothes and other necessary stuff. I'll go search for the kids."

You and your mother nodded and went out the door.

"Camilo, go help Señor L/n," Alma ordered before clapping her hands. "Casita, if you will." You could see a roof appear just before the door closed behind you.

Thunder could be heard from the distance and you along with your mother picked up the pace to quickly arrive at your home which was one of the most peripheral houses in town. "I'll get mine, Lily and Rose's things!" you announced, running up the stairs.

"Good idea," your mother nodded, going to her and your father's room to get their things. "I'll take Aiden and Ethan's then!"

You quickly went to your wardrobe and drew out a bag, throwing in a few dresses, jeans, jackets, shirts and a blanket before going to Rose and Lily's room and getting the same stuff from their wardrobes plus their most treasured cuddly toys.

"You ready?" your mom asked, hurry in her voice.

"Yep, let's go," you nodded, rushing downstairs. As you stepped outside, harsh wind knocked you in the face and blew your hair and you could see rain to your right, out of the village. You and your mother started jogging back through the now empty town as the last rays of the sun were covered by the cloud and rain caught up to you two. But you still had half of the way to go.

Back in the Casita, Lily tugged on Isabela's hand. "Where are Y/n and Mamí?" Some of the Madrigal children plus your father and siblings were waiting in the first room for you and your mother's arrival while the rest of the Madrigals were off doing whatever needed to be done like making a fire into the fireplace in the living room or securing the windows.

"They'll be here any moment now," Isabela assured, patting Lily's head although her face also reflected worry.

Dolores turned to Lily. "Isabela's right, they should be here... now."

The doors opened and you and your mother came in. Your mom went to give a hug to your dad while you took off your glasses and shook your head like your life depended on it, trying to get the water out of your hair.

"Y/n!" Lily and Rose cheered, letting go of their friends' hands and running to hug your waist.

"Wait," you mumbled, folding your glasses together and hooking them over your collar since they were too foggy and wet to be worn. Then you squatted down, hugging the girls. "Heyo," you greeted them before pulling away and opening the bag. "I brought Señorita Flower," you handed a teddy bear to Lily. "And Señor Thorn," you handed another teddy bear to Rose.

"That's why you're our favorite sibling!" Rose cheered.

"Hey!" Aiden and Ethan gasped offendedly.

"Oh, Y/n, let me take your glasses," Mirabel said, rushing forward since the sensitive family-reunion-type-of-moment was over now. "I'll clean them for you."

"Thanks," you nodded to her, giving the glasses to her heavy figure.

"Also, you'll be staying in my room so come on," she said, making Lily and Rose let go of you so you could walk after Mirabel to the only door up the stairs that wasn't glowing.

"Thanks," you huffed, letting your bag fall down on the floor of the room before opening it, checking if any clothes were left and needed to be laid out.

A knock sounded on the door and Lily opened it. "Ma said mine and Rose's clothes are in your bag, can you give them to me?"

"Sure but where will you be staying?" you asked back, starting to sort the things.

Lily shrugged but Mirabel answered for her. "Your brothers will be in Antonio's room and Isabela agreed to 'house' Lily while Rose is going to stay in Dolores' room. Your parents are taking the guest room."

She nodded shyly before taking the clothes and disappearing. "Alright, Y/n, I'll let you change and then we'll go to the living room where the others are, alright?"

"Yup," you nodded in agreement. "But the living room, like... does your family just gather in times like this?"

"There hasn't been 'times like this' before but we figured staying together would be important," Mirabel smiled before closing the door after her.

You shuffled through your clothes before settling on a white long sleeve shirt 

[

]

]

and warm white stockings, pulling a yellow skirt  

[

- neither of the pictures still not mine] on top

- neither of the pictures still not mine] on top. You felt nice and warm plus you were dressed in your favorite colors which also made you happy.

You ruffled through your hair to get as much of the water out as you could before making it look presentable and stepping out of the room.

Mirabel smiled at you as you came out, handing you your now clean glasses. "Are they okay?"

You put them on and looked around quickly. "Yep, all good."