~5~

Uncle Wu didn't punish us at all. I'm still shocked! He didn't yell at us for releasing 3 of the 5 tribes, even if one only had a single snake remaining. He didn't follow through with any of the ninja stupid threats. Didn't reprimand us or anything.

He wasn't even angry, just disappointed. He made that very clear. Just disappointed!

"Is this some weird parent technique? This is all new to me and I don't understand it."

You know what he did do?! Read us a book!

A book!

"Never Trust a Snake." It was about some character named Jack the Rabbit and how you can never trust snakes because they're tricky and sneaky and will always betray you.

It has such an impact on me, I wanna go release the Venomari and Constrictai now! But I'm very stubborn and not used to this cruel and unusual punishment! Trying to reach us a lesson?! What was he thinking?

The ninja and girl were pissed that we weren't getting in trouble for what we did.

Oh yeah, I finally learned the rest of their names. Black one is Cole, red is Kai and the girl is Nya.

...

"Let's see if I care enough to remember."

Uncle Wu gave us a room on the ship. Not much in it, but we do each get our own bed. We haven't slept in one since leaving Darkly's so that was one plus.

They were across the room from each other, but after leaving us for the night, Lloyd and I pulled them together so we were side by side.

"This is so weird." I whisper to Lloyd

"I know! All he did was read a book? Is he gonna do anything else?"

I shrug my shoulders, somewhat awkwardly because I'm laying down, "I don't know, I guess he might. We'll definitely be heavily watched here because they don't trust us."

He snorts, "who cares?" He's quiet for a minute and I think he's fallen asleep, but he suddenly sits back up, "I'm bored and not tired." He announces

"Thank first Spinjitzu master, let's explore." I say pushing the covers off and going to the door.

I open is slowly and as quietly as possible, barely peering out of it, Lloyd crouching beneath me and to peek out as well.

The hallway is lit with a few light fixtures. We check both ways down the hallway, not seeing anyone.

"Okay, let's go." He whispers

The ship or Bounty as we recently learned, is just like how we'd always imagined a ship to look like, but it flies. That's confusing in itself, but is cool nonetheless.

We sneak down the hallway, going through the rooms.

"Where is everyone?" Lloyd whispers as we look through one of the bedrooms. It has 2 sets of bunks beds so it must be for the boys.

"I heard one of them say to go above deck for a meeting." I reply, the smirk, "probably to discuss the new snake problem they have on their hands."

Lloyd laughs quietly and opens up the closet, "how many gis do they need?!"

I look over to see the closet filled with duplicates of red, blue, black and white ninja uniforms.

"Are they all the same?" I ask

Lloyd hums, "there's slight differences. Like each color has one with a dragon design. They each have a different one with their elemental design on the front as well. But they all have the basic sameness."