~8~

Nya and I worked on a few things around the ship... mainly Nya. I sort of followed her around and watched, attempting to hand her the tools she was requesting, but apparently I don't know the differences between all her wrenches and screw drivers. I know what a hammer is, it's basically the only tool I know how to use. That and a saw.

I mean there's a monkey wrench, a socket wrench, pipe wrench, open-end wrench, crescent wrench, a lug wrench...

"Why do you need so many wrenches?! Don't they all do the same thing?" I exasperate which gets me an amused look from her. She shakes her head and rolls her eyes, but I can still see a slight smile on her face.

"You're gonna freak when we move on to screwdrivers."

"There's different kinds of screwdrivers?! But they definitely all do the same thing! Why do they make different screws?!"

She laughs, "why do you care?"

I gab for a second, "I don't know, I really don't. I'm just dramatic!" Then I sigh and sit back down next to her as she fixes one of the training robots. Jay usually does this, but I guess she's helping since they're off following birds, apparently.

"What made you get into building?" I ask randomly

She shrugs her shoulders, "I don't know. When Kai and I were growing up, no one was around to do repairs to the shop since our parents were gone so I taught myself how to do it."

"Kai didn't want to?"

"Can you hand me a slotted screwdriver?" She asks, when I only give her a blank stare she giggles, "the flat one."

"Well, why didn't you say so?" I ask handing it over

She continues to work on the machine, "he was too busy building the weapons and armor. So he handled the blacksmith part of the job and I took on the repairs."

I shake my head, "I can't believe anyone thought it was a good idea to let Kai anywhere near fire."

Nya stops working and turns to me, eyes narrowed, eyebrows pinched in confusion, "he's the fire ninja!"

"Doesn't mean I trust him with fire."

She rolls her eyes and goes back to work.

Nya fixes a few more things on the ship and then we start making dinner by the time the boys come back.

They're clearly exhausted, but are super excited about something.

"Hey!" Nya says, "did the falcon take you to the Fangblade?" She asks

"Nope, but it doesn't matter!" Jay says happily

I furrow my eyebrows, "the bird didn't show you the one thing we need to stop Pythor and it doesn't matter?" I ask, chin propped up on my hands as I lean across the table.

"Wouldn't need to stop him if it wasn't for you." Kai mutters

"So you keep telling me." I mutter back, matching his tone.

"Guys, enough!" Cole interrupts, "we discovered something better!"

"Just tell us what happened." Nya says rolling her eyes.

The boys all look at each other, suddenly kinda nervously which doesn't make any since. But finally Zane reaches towards his shoulder.

"What the hell did they discover?" I think bizarrely, eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

Suddenly Zane opens a door on his chest to reveal metal switches, nobs and buttons. There's wires, nuts and bolts. Everything that shouldn't be there.

"Am I going crazy?... always knew it'd happen eventually."