~10~

We fly through the night to the Mountain. Apparently this is the only place we can destroy the Fangblades. I have no idea why, but don't pay it much attention.

Instead Lloyd and I spent the rest of the night and the morning raving about how we saved them from the snakes.

Finally Jay says in a slightly annoyed voice, "I think I would give more of the credit to your dad."

"Well dad's not here to defend his part of the story." I reply matter of factly

"So you 2 are going to take the credit for what he did?" Cole asks, furrowing his eyebrows

"Exactly!" My twin and I exclaim

All day the others have been planning destroying the Fangblades (what's there to plan? Drop them into the volcano!... Why does Ninjago have so many volcanoes anyway?...) and what they're gonna do about the snakes after they do. Uncle Wu was fine at the party last night, but he hasn't left his room all day.

Lloyd and I were sitting with them all at first, trying to be interested, but it ultimately failed. And with the storm going on outside there weren't many places for us to go. Zane finally suggests us going to the indoor training room.

"Yeah, let's go work on our technique." Lloyd says, jumping up.

"You guys don't have any." Kai deadpans

"Bite me!"

Jay, Zane and Nya rigged up an entire room to resemble the training course they had back at the monastery before the Hypnobrai burnt it down. With just the pull of a lever, the course drops from the ceiling or comes out of trap boards under the floor for easy storage. There's one with dummies on it to practice with and another one that spins and has weapons all over it that you're supposed to dodge.

Lloyd puts his mask on and says very dramatically, "Serpentine, it's time I spinjitzu you back into the filthy holes you came from." he's trying to make his voice deeper, but it just sounds weird.

I turn and stare at him, eyebrows furrowed, "What are you doing?"

He sighs and stares at the ceiling, "I'm putting on my green ninja persona, Linds."

"And that's how you're gonna speak?! You didn't have that voice yesterday."

"I wasn't thinking about it yesterday!"

I snort, "good thing too or they'd have laughed even harder."

"Really?!" He exclaims annoyedly

"Okay, okay. Calm down." I roll my eyes, "I just wasn't ready for the persona."

He huffs, "well, why don't you join me?"

"I'll pretend to fight snakes as the green ninja, but I'm not doing a voice."

"You're no fun."

I roll my eyes again, "We're the ones who let you out, so it's only fair we're the ones who put you back in." I say a weird voice to match his which instantly makes him light up.

"You'll never release the Great Devourer, Pythor," my brother starts, "not if we have anything to say about it." I finish theatrically

We suddenly both jump up and kick the spinning boxing bags and dodge the wooden swords set up on the other side. We each take up our own practice katanas and start fighting to dummies on the other end. I'm sure this would be way more difficult if these were the robotic ones and not the ones who remain motionless, but at least we're winning.