~11~

Everyone stares in complete shock for mere seconds that seem to drag on for an eternity. Uncle Wu's gone. The Great Devourer ate him!

Pythor's gone too which is the only upside in this turn of events. The Devourer finally turns its attention to us, its large beady eyes glaring at us hungrily.

Nya suddenly controls the Samurai X suit to grab Lloyd and I and flies out of there.

My eyes are wide in stunned horror, "Uncle Wu was eaten... he was eaten."

She lands us on the Bounty and doesn't waste a second before dashing into the control room and raising the anchor. She moves the ship over and lands on the ground as the boys run up to meet us.

"Twins!" Nya shouts, "get in here now!"

My brother and I stare mesmerized by the serpent chasing after the ninja. It's enormous body quickly slithers after them, fangs gnashing and dripping venom.

"Oh my first spinjitzu master, its our fault that thing is free." I say to my brother

"Yeah, it is..."

"Twins, now!"

We snap out of our daze and rush inside the control room.

"Fire up the engines." She instructs the moment we enter the room.

We run over to the panel turn them on, "there's no wind, we only have reserved fuel." Lloyd says

"Use it."

I turn the fuel switch as the boys come barreling into the room, tumbling on top of each other.

I turn the screen on so we can watch the camera footage and it shows the snake right by us as Nya lifts the Bounty into the air.

"Hate tel tell you this, but objects in the mirror are closer than they appear!" Jay shouts

"Working on it." Nya says pushing a few more controls, "blasters on full."

The sails open up and we blast out of there just as the Devourer tries to bite the ship.

"Yeah, take that, you stupid snake." Kai shouts as he watches the snake behind us.

But suddenly, the Devourer bursts out of the ground in front of us.

"I think it heard you." Jay remarks

The serpent lunges for the ship once more and Nya has barely a second to swerve to the side to avoid being eaten. Lloyd and tumble to the side and smack into the wall, but the boys manage to keep their footing.

"Nya, we gotta go faster." Kai says, "that thing is gaining on us."

"We're going as fast as we can!" Nya replies, "I'll try to make it to Scattered Canyon."

"The probability of us making it that far is less than 8 percent." Zane says

"Never tell me the odds!" She shrieks in response

Cole comes over to watch the footage with Lloyd and I, "it's coming in for another attack."

"Port side!" My brother and I yell, this time grabbing ahold of the table to avoid falling again when she makes swerves to the side again. Narrowly missing the snake for a second time.

"We're losing speed." Lloyd says, "we'll drop to the ground soon." I add watching the status' show our height dropping.

"Throw everything overboard." Nya orders

"What?!" The boys all exclaim

"We need to lose some weight!"

"PORT SIDE!" We shriek again, only this time, the Devourer succeeds is biting at one of the boosters. The entire ship dips to the left and the table in the control room slides to the side, slamming into the opposite wall.