~14 Part 2~

"I feel like I didn't handle that very well..." Lloyd says once they leave.

"Not your finest work." I agree, pulling the ropes, "but they still left us unattended. So let's worry about your lying skills later."

Lloyd laughs and pulls on his ropes again, "I can't believe they just left us by ourselves. Do they seriously all need to check what happened outside?"

"Works for me." I reply, "but you're right. It's stupid to leave us alone considering I told them about our elemental powers!"

We both struggle against our restraints for another few minutes without any success, "why do I always get tied up?" He asks me suddenly, "I should better at knots by now."

It's my turn to laugh, "you'd think."

Lloyd gasps, "wait, Linds, our elements!"

"What about them?"

"We can use them to get out."

"How? Freezing the ropes won't help, nor would an earthquake. And unless you think you're gonna use your fire out of them blue, I don't see the other elements being of much help."

"We don't need to be in control of them for them to help." He responds, "you just need to blow up the lightbulb." He says, gesturing up with his head.

I glance up to see the single bulb hanging over us, remembering Brad turning it on when we first woke up.

"That I can do." I grumble, "but who knows If it'll be strong enough to cut rope."

"Only one way to find out."

I stare at the bulbs and harness my lightning. I focus all my energy on it until the bulb starts to light up even more. The room brightens significantly more than moments ago until finally it shatters.

It's dark in the room, but we'll manage.

"Awesome!" Lloyd says and scoots his chair closer to the glass, then sways back and forth until he topples over.

"Ow." I say simply when my brother smacks the ground.

He ignores me and slides over to the glass and positions himself over it. He moves his shoulder up and down in an awkward motion as it cuts through the ropes. After a minute, his restraints come apart and he jumps up excitedly.

My brother goes behind me and unties the knot, letting the rope fall around the legs of the chair. I jump up as well with a smirk.

"Finally!" I say

"We're free!"

"Now let's get out of here."

The 2 of us rush for the door, my hand about to twist the knob when it suddenly swings inward. Gene stands in the doorway to reenter, the rest of the students behind him.

"No way!" Lloyd exasperates

"Come on, we got out fair and square!" I whin, stomping my foot.

"You once locked me and Jessa up in our room for a week, Lindsey." Sydney snaps, "you can deal with it."

I scoff, "not my fault you're both too incompetent to figure a way out."

Gene shoves us back into the room and everyone else piles into the room as well. The door swings shut and the students begin to barricade it with desks and chairs.

Lloyd and I both cross our arms and give them a bored stare, "what are you doing?" We ask

"Your friends are pure evil." Gene says