Norwegian Wood

Hey guys, still without Wi-Fi and updating on my phone, so I'm sorry about any mistakes and weird layout etc... I still hope you like this!
——————————————————————-
Sky had always had a wonderful relationship with her dad.

She had never doubted his love for her, nor the fact that he would always be there for her, that he would always put her in the first place, making all the decisions of their life based on her wellbeing, not his.

It had always been like that - just Sky and her dad. She didn't even remember her mother who had died of an aggressive form of breast cancer when Sky had been just a toddler. She knew, of course, that it was a tragedy. Mom had been young and pretty and smart and she had died just six months after getting the diagnosis. But it didn't feel like a tragedy because Sky didn't remember it. To her, mom wasn't even a memory - she was like a shadow of a memory, no matter how many pictures of her were scattered around their home, no matter how much dad still talked about her.

Sky had always been perfectly happy growing up without a mom. She had a dad, and that was all that mattered, that was all she needed.

That, and of course Kat's huge and loud Brazilian family - her angry but fiercely protective grandma, her wonderful, generous and kind parents, her devilishly handsome big brother Paulo - who had been Sky's first crush - and last but not least, Kat's little sister Adriana, whom Sky had found so annoying at the time but now missed so much that it hurt.

That was all gone now, of course. No more family dinners at Kat's home, no more sleepovers with eating too much candy and getting sick, no more Capoeira lessons from Kat's dad.

Now it was just like it had been in the beginning - just Sky and her dad, no matter how much she wished she could travel back in time and sit down with Kat's mom over a cup of coffee and have a chat about boys—

Or one boy in particular.

Eli Moskowitz.

Sky gave a sigh and glanced at her side, at dad who was driving the car.

They might have a great father-daughter relationship, but there were still things she hadn't told him. Like the fact that she'd suddenly lost all her new friends, or that she was now bullied on Insta and Snapchat.

Dad wouldn't even know what Snapchat was, Sky suspected.

But she was painfully aware that she needed to tell him something, because they had called dad to pick her up from school after the fight, and even if he was chill, he wouldn't just let that pass.

He would want to know why Sky had been suspended for a week.

It had been for fighting, sure, but also for what the principal had called "lack of cooperation", because Sky had refused to talk. She knew there would have been no point to try and explain her sudden fit of violence to the school staff. It would have only made everything worse. Then she would have had to tell them about the messages on her Instagram, and then she'd have to tell them what had happened with Eli, and why—

And that just wasn't her story to tell. Eli wouldn't have wanted her speaking all that to the principal. Sky was sure of that.

"I get it that you didn't want to talk to the teachers." Dad said, when he stopped the car in front of their house. "But you're going to have to talk to me."

Sky gave a shaky nod.

"Yeah. I know."

Suddenly she felt miserable. Her shirt was still soaked with iced coffee, her shoulder was pulsating with pain and her knuckles were bloodied and sore, but that wasn't the worst.