A Christmas Miracle

Whatever Sky had been expecting that night, it sure hadn't been a fist in the face.

But then again - maybe it shouldn't have surprised her, considering that what she had thought would be a chill Christmas party, had turned out to be a gathering of two rivaling dojos instead.

Sky had been so wrapped up in her thoughts (Had she indeed agreed to date Cody? Was this the best decision she had ever made, or the worst mistake?) that she only realized what was happening when she parked the car in front of the LaRusso house, and followed Miguel to the front door.

"I really would have wanted a beer," she muttered as they stepped in.

Miguel gave her an apologetic gaze and a quick smile. "Who cares about beer when you can have world peace?"

Sky's momentary disappointment over the fact that there was not going to be beer or a Christmas party, soon diminished as Sam and Miguel explained what the gathering was all about. It did take a bit longer to convince the rest of the Eagle Fangs and Miyagi Do's, though, but finally, it was Demetri and his heated speech that included more "assholes" than Sky had ever heard him say, that did the trick.

They really were going to join forces. If that wasn't a Christmas miracle, Sky sure as Hell didn't know what was.

She kept smiling like an idiot throughout the conversation that followed, and let the others argue about stupid details. She didn't give a rat's ass about the name of the dojo, its location, or what kind of snacks they ate - the only thing that mattered to her was that she still got to train with Johnny.

"It's not too late to get some beer," she noted, leaning her elbows on the dining table, noticing an exhausted pause in the conversation. Everyone seemed tired and tense - which Sky found a bit funny since they were creating something amazing together. One would have thought people would have been a bit more jolly. "You know, the Romans never would have managed to build Rome had they not been drunk on wine 24/7."

"This is difficult enough without us being drunk and stupid—" Sam sighed. "We still haven't agreed on almost anything."

"Maybe we'd argue less if we drank more?" Sky arched a brow.

"Now you sound like Johnny," replied Sam, but with a smile.

"That's not a bad thing, is it? Besides, you're gonna have to train with him now too - and so is your Dad."

Sam gave Miguel a rather worried glance.

"That's a good point," Miguel said. "How are we going to convince those two to work together?"

That conversation was cut short, as a rather loud meow coming from outside caught their attention.

Bert, visibly delighted by this interruption, stood up and swiftly walked to the door to let the cat in - only to be thrown in through the window in the next heartbeat, making shattered glass, pots and pans fly all over the floor.

Sky stood up so fast she knocked down her chair. She had a bad feeling, a very bad feeling that made her gut knit into a tight ball of anxiety—

"No cat," Bert managed, searching for his glasses on the floor, as the Cobras broke into the house turning it into a war zone.

It all happened in a matter of seconds. Sky's heart fell to her feet as she saw the boy with the sharp, blood-red mohawk. There was Hawk walking into the kitchen with Kyler and some other Cobras, and for the shortest moment, Sky's gaze locked with Hawk's. His eyes widened as if he was surprised to see her here— but the moment was gone as Tory broke in through the other door and the fight was on.