Dream a Little Dream of Me

When Hawk walked into his room, Sky was there.

She was standing by the window, looking out, her red curls falling free to her shoulders and down her back like a waterfall of flames, and she was–

Naked.

Sky was standing in his room, naked, and that sight hit Hawk in the gut like a wrecking ball. The bag that contained his sweaty gi, towel, and water bottle fell from his fingers to the floor and that sound made Sky startle and turn around.

"What—" Hawk's voice got stuck in his throat, he swallowed hard to be able to speak again. "What are you doing here?"

Sky didn't answer, but she smiled as she saw him. The light that entered the room from the window illuminated her hair, turning it into a halo of fire. She looked like an angel who had stepped out of Heaven, otherworldly and beautiful, almost unreal, like she would vanish the moment he spoke a word, reached out to touch her.

It was impossible not to look at her. His eyes roamed over her gorgeous shape, taking in every detail, every glorious inch of her divine body. Her hourglass waist, the sweet curve of her hip, the softness of her breasts—

Hawk's chest went tight with love and need, he could barely draw in a breath. His feet were glued to the floor, but she smiled and she walked closer to him, so close that she was standing right in front of him and her scent filled his nostrils with every fast inhale, making him weak in the knees.

"I missed you," she said and looked up at him. Her eyes were green and deep, like a forest in spring, and Hawk was falling in them. Her small hands were on his chest, on his neck and he bent down to kiss her as if it was the most normal thing in the universe.

Her lips opened and she kissed him back. The burning heat of her mouth fried Hawk's brain, her lips tasted like strawberry lipgloss, his tongue grazed the roof of her mouth. Her body melted against his own, her breasts against his chest, and groaning into the kiss he gripped her waist, his fingers digging into the softness of her skin.

He kissed her like it was the end of the world, like they were the last people on Earth. It was desperate and deep and heated and soft and it was all things, like she was all things, like she was everything to him.

She was here, she was in his arms, and he would never let her go, never, she was here and she was his and this time—- Fucking Hell, this time he wouldn't mess up. He would do everything right, and she would never leave him again.

That kiss went on forever, and by the time he finally broke it, his veins were filled with liquid fire and his erection was stretching his sweats, making it impossible to think about anything else.

"Sky, I love you," he rasped, his voice throaty and low. "I never stopped loving you."

"I love you too."

"But I... All the things I said. Sky, none of it was true— I just... I lied to hurt you, and—"

But Sky looked him in the eye, a soft, sad smile on her beautiful face, and her hands were on his cheeks, thumbs caressing the line of his jaw, his lips.

"I forgive you," she said, and the cold lump of ice Hawk had carried in his chest for days, suddenly melted away.

"I forgive you," she repeated, the most beautiful words Hawk had ever heard, and he let out a strangled sound that was born deep inside of his chest, a sound of his heart filling his ribcage so that he couldn't even breathe.

"I don't deserve it."

"I don't care," she sighed, sliding her hands under his T-shirt and pushing it up, over his head. He threw it onto the floor, and her hands were back on his chest, his shoulders, gripping his neck and pulling him back into a kiss.