Defeat Does Not Exist

He had lost the fight.

The bruises and the cuts weren't as bad as the shame and regret. He had fucking lost that fight in front of everyone, had ended up unconscious on the floor like a fucking loser.

But even that wasn't the worst. Sensei Kreese had told him that the fight wasn't over yet, and he had a little plan brewing in his mind already on how to get his revenge, how to make Demetri, Sam and Robby, and all that fucking pussy club pay for what they had done, which brought some small comfort.

No, the worst part was what had happened with Sky.

Don't call me. We're on a break.

Her words had burnt a hole in his chest and he could barely breathe.

On a break.

What did that even mean? Would she actually break up with him? Over this stupid mall fight? Where Hawk hadn't gotten even one decent punch to Demetri?

So fucking stupid. Sky was fucking overreacting big time, but still, the possibility that this could be it, that this could be the end—

No, he couldn't even think about it. He aimed a fierce series of kicks at the punching bag, groaning out loud, sweat dripping down his naked upper body, droplets running over her name that was inked on his chest. The sounds of his feet hitting the bag echoed in the empty dojo.

Sky couldn't dump him. That just couldn't happen. He would make her see reason - she was Cobra Kai after all. She had to realize what was at stake here, that this wasn't some game anymore, this was a war between the dojos and Sky would have to pick a side.

His side.

She would have to pick his side and she would have to be with him, or either Hawk would fucking kill himself.

His muscles were sore and trembling already, but he punched the bag again, again and again. So fucking what that his knuckles were bleeding? The pain he felt only fed his anger.

Defeat didn't exist.

This fight wasn't over yet.

______________________________________________________________________________

Sky stared at the food on her plate - a chocolate croissant and some fresh strawberries - unable to force herself to eat any of it. The orange juice and her coffee lay untouched in front of her too - even their smell made her nauseous.

"Eat it," said Dad, sitting across the table, happily munching his bacon and eggs. "We have a long day ahead of us."

"Sorry Dad," Sky managed. "I'm just not hungry. I didn't sleep well."

At least that was true. She had barely slept at all, her mind going over her phone call with Hawk again and again. 

She had told him not to call her, but apparently, he didn't think texts counted, for he had sent her many.

Sky I love you

I miss u like Hell

I don't want to break up

please call me, let's talk about this

She hadn't replied anything to him, because honestly, she had no idea what to say. The sleepless night, nausea, and headache that followed, didn't make her thoughts any clearer.

"Sky, what is it?" Dad asked, finally noticing the sadness that lingered around her like a dark cloud. "You're hardly jet-lagged anymore, right? Has something happened?"