Respect

The next day Sky missed Karate but so did everyone else because Sensei had kicked them all out of the dojo for goofing around. Hawk filled Sky in on what had happened when he came to see her that evening.

Sky was lying on her bed, her shoulder ached and burned after spending the whole day at the tattoo shop. The tattoo was now finished and even if the skin was swollen and red, she could already tell it would look amazing. As her thoughts were still in that, she had been only half listening to Hawk, but now his words caught her attention and she frowned.

"Wait, what? Sensei said what?" She asked and turned to look at him. He was sitting on the bed cross-legged, leaning his elbows on his knees.

"He said that anyone who isn't there at 5 am is out of the team."

Sky groaned and threw an arm over her eyes. "But I can't do karate with this shoulder! Rico said I should avoid sweating until the tattoo is healed."

"I know," Hawk said. "But maybe show up anyway? Even if you can't do much. Sensei seemed kinda pissed."

"That's because you were all idiots. But he can be as pissed as he wants to," Sky muttered, rolling her eyes. "If he kicks me out of the team, I can always join Miyagi-Do. Let's see how pissed he is then."

Sky had heard that Sam's dad had opened a dojo after the All Valley, apparently as a reaction to Cobra Kai fighting dirty. Sky thought that was ridiculous, really, because Miguel had been the only one to actually fight dirty, and he hadn't even won, but whatever. Apparently, Sam's Dad had some beef with Sensei Lawrence, and Sky couldn't have cared less about some decades-old rivalry. Sam was her friend, and to be honest, she had thought about paying a visit to Miyagi-Do to check out their style. Maybe she could pick up a thing or two. It couldn't hurt anybody, right?

Hawk didn't seem to agree. He swallowed and his eyes widened. "Join Miyagi-do? You're not serious, are you?"

"Well, is Sensei serious about kicking me out?" Sky arched a brow. "I guess we'll just have to wait and see."

But no matter her former defiance, the next morning Sky found herself mixing cement with the other Cobras at an ungodly hour

But no matter her former defiance, the next morning Sky found herself mixing cement with the other Cobras at an ungodly hour. The sun rose and the temperature began to climb up, and Hawk started to give her worried glances as sweat was starting to run down her neck.

"That's it," he said when he noticed Sky's T-shirt gluing to the skin of her shoulder with some blood that oozed from her skin. "You've gotta stop."

Sky wanted to argue. She kinda agreed with Sensei - she didn't think they should get soft either, and she loved it when he pushed them hard. It was thanks to him that Sky had gotten strong enough to start living again. Without Sensei's teachings, she would still be lying on the cold, tiled floor and she never would have gotten up.

But the truth was that she was hurting, and the last thing she wanted was the tattoo to get infected, so she just gave a silent nod and sought a shadowy corner where she could sit down and take a sip of her water bottle.