Take on Me

When Sky hit the dojo a couple of hours later, the memory of her conversation with Dad still hung over her head like a dark cloud, and she couldn't help the nervous tightening of her gut as she walked through the front doors.

She had been gone for more than a week, and stepping in, she could immediately tell something had changed. Sure, it was just a feeling, but Sky had learned to trust her gut feeling after not trusting it with Matt.

It also crossed her mind, how different it felt to walk in here instead of walking into Miyagi-Do, where everything was smooth and peaceful and harmonic. Here everything had always been tough, harsh, and loud - but now it felt like more than that, like something was gathering in here, a power she didn't like nor recognize. The air felt like it does on the hottest day of summer right before the thunder breaks when it is too still and heavy to breathe.

And it all seemed to radiate from that spot in front of the dojo where Kreese stood talking with some students. They looked at him like he was some kind of a messiah and the smug grin on his old, rough face made Sky's stomach turn. Her fingers clenched into a fist around the straps of her bag that was thrown over one shoulder.

You're being stupid, just get your shit together. It wasn't Kreese who hurt you, you made the decision to climb into that truck yourself.

She let the door close behind her and the bell chimed, making Hawk - who was one of the students around Kreese - turn around and greet her with a crooked smile and a wink.

Sky's knees went weak when she felt his eyes on her, her throat turned dry. Instinctively she brought a hand to her neck, her fingers brushing the trail of hickies on her skin. She noticed how Hawks' eyes went dark as he took in her gesture. His throat bobbed and he wet his lips, clearly remembering the same moments she did.

The moments when he had her laid down naked on the grass under him and the vast, black night sky, and he had feasted on her neck, his lips soft and hot and merciless, sending shivers through Sky's whole body.

For a moment Sky felt like she would light up and burn just because of the way he was looking at her, the memory of last night leaving her hot and restless. She had to look down and break eye contact to get herself together.

Clearing her suddenly dry throat, Sky kicked off her shoes and walked in, greeting Aisha and Miguel as she walked across the room. There were a lot of new kids present too, and Sky noticed a couple of girls among them, which was nice. By the time she reached Hawk's side, she was feeling more like herself and didn't melt into a puddle of fudge when he placed a soft kiss on her cheek.

"You look great," Hawk murmured by her ear.

Sky rolled her eyes. Both the hickeys and the tattoo were clearly visible since she was wearing a loose tank top that revealed her arms and neck. "Dad said I look like Mina Harker."

Hawk made a dry laugh at that. Sky loved it, that no matter what, he still got all her movie references and geek jokes.

"So, the champion returns," Kreese chuckled, drawing Sky's attention to him. "Good. You didn't give up after all."

"I'm not a quitter. And I have a name," Sky replied dryly. "I'd prefer you used that, Sensei Kreese."

"But of course, Miss O'Brian," Kreese said with a smile but his eyes were narrowed.

"What did you say to my Dad, Sensei?" Sky asked, unable to hold the question that was burning inside of her.

"Your Father?"

"Yes," Sky furrowed her brows. "I know he met you. What did you tell him?"

Kreese made a low chuckle as if this was somehow amusing. "I told Doctor O'Brian exactly what he needed to know."