Oriental Coffee

It was almost noon when Sky woke up.

The room was silent and empty, sunlight entered the room through the window - the curtains were opened. Sky yawned and glanced around - Dad's mattress was gone, she was alone. This was the first morning since she'd been released from the hospital that Dad wasn't here, and it took a moment to process that.

Whatever the reason, she had her room back to herself. It felt exhilarating. What was she going to do with all this freedom?

For a moment she just sat on the bed and listened to the silence. There were no voices calling her to walk the dry path to the dark door. It was closed, at least for now. She would live, for the day, if not more. There was some consolation in that thought, and she let it settle in.

It did nothing to cure her horrible hangover though. Sky groaned, when she slid off of the bed and had to stand up - her head ached as if there was a fricking goblin army hammering it from the inside, and her mouth tasted like crap. Literally - it tasted like someone had shit on her mouth. But no wonder - she remembered puking all over their driveway when Dad had helped her out of the car, and she also had vague memories of throwing up in the bushes behind Moon's house, of Hawk holding her hair—

Oh.

Oh God.

Hawk had kissed her. And they had–

She stopped that thought before it could drown her. She wasn't going to think that now. She would think about anything but that, anything but his lips on hers because if she did, she would crumble into pieces and the wind would carry her away.

Coffee. She definitely needed that, before she could do any thinking, and maybe something for this infernal headache.

"Morning," she mumbled, dragging her feet into the kitchen, still wearing her pink pajamas, her hair a messy knot on top of her head.

Dad looked up from the paper, his brows furrowing. "It's almost afternoon. You want lunch or breakfast?"

"I want coffee," Sky replied, walked to the coffee maker, and poured a giant cup, adding milk and sugar. The smell told her it was oriental coffee with cardamom - Sky's favorite, and Dad's too.

"There's Tylenol on the table," Dad noted. "I thought you might need some."

Bless that man. Sky sat down at the table, and silently poured a couple of pills into her palm, washing them down with water. She knew better than to ask if there was anything stronger in the house. No such luck after what she had done.

"So, are you back together with Eli?" Dad asked, making Sky almost spit the water all over the table.

Her cheeks burnt, betraying her emotion. "What?! Just because I asked him to call you—"

"Not just because of that, even if it was very chivalrous of him." Dad noted dryly. "Your neck."

Sky grabbed her phone and turned on the selfie camera. There were a couple of deep purple hickies on her neck, and even if her memories from the night before were slippery, she knew they were made by Hawk's lips. She could still feel the way he had pushed her against the wall, his hungry lips trailing down her neck—

And I'm not going to think about that now.

"Shit," She breathed her cheeks heating. "Fucking Hell."

"Language," Dad sighed.

"Sorry, it's just—" but she stopped talking mid-sentence. She really didn't want to explain to Dad that she had been so shit-faced last night that she had no idea how she had ended up making out with her ex-boyfriend. Not that Dad didn't know she'd been shit-faced - he had been the one to carry her into the house after she had painted the driveway with her vomit.