Poker Face

"Oh, my God!" Gasped Sam, her eyes widening. "I'm so Sorry—!"

In a heartbeat the girls had stumbled back into the hallway, slamming the door behind them, leaving Sky and Cody in the dark room.

"Shit—" Cody muttered, but Sky couldn't even answer. She had never been this embarrassed in her life! Her heart was racing in her chest, as the mortifying thought of the girls - or someone else - entering the room a couple of minutes earlier, hit her full force.

"Sky, are you okay?" Moon's worried voice came through the door.

"I'm fine—" Sky replied, taking a shaky breath as she started buttoning up her shirt. "Just give me a sec."

"Sorry—" Cody spoke silently. "I should have found a room with a lock in the door, but I... I wasn't thinking."

"It's okay. Don't worry about it."

Sky accepted her panties that Cody had picked up from the floor, and stepped in them. Cody pulled on his shirt and his leather jacket, buckled his belt, and just like that, back was the Cowboy, now only missing his stetson, which was probably still in the kitchen. Even if the costume was simple, he looked different now than just moments before. The softness, the vulnerability Sky had thought she'd seen in his features when they'd had sex, was now gone, as if he was wearing a mask.

"Sky, is everything okay? Do you need help?" Sam's voice cut her thoughts, and Sky glanced at the closed door.

"Fine, just getting dressed." Sky called back. "I'll be there in a minute."

Cody glanced at the door too, a frown falling on his face. "They're worried about you."

"Yeah, they tend to do that," Sky muttered, but didn't explain. Cody didn't need to know that the girls were only worried about her, because she was a fucking nutjob who had tried to kill herself last summer. The less Cody knew about her, the better. In silence, Sky finished getting dressed, smoothed her skirt, and fixed her over-knee socks. Her Ravenclaw tie was still undone, but that would have to wait until she was somewhere with a mirror, or maybe Moon could fix it for her.

Cody was already by the door, waiting for her, his long, slender fingers resting on the doorknob. His face was serious, full of sharp angles and smooth planes, and he was beautiful, so beautiful that Sky wanted nothing but to stay in this room and just worship those gorgeous features. They had agreed to leave together, but now—

Sky didn't know where they stood. Their secret moment was over, the heat was leaving her system and she knew that when they stepped out of that door, this dream would cease to exist, there waited the reality, harsh, cruel, painful, the real world she wanted nothing to do with.

"I still wanna go with you," she said before she had time to regret it. "If... If that's what you want?"

A quick smile touched Cody's lips, his eyes, and that sight made something flutter in Sky's chest.

"I want that too," he said and reached a hand to pull Sky close. His lips still tasted like blood and sex, but the kiss was short, it was soft, it was gentle. His hands lingered on her waist for a heartbeat more, before he let go and said: "But your friends are worried about you. Why don't you go and have a chat with them, get a glass of water, grab something to eat? And if you still want to go to my place after that, come find me."

Sky let out a sigh. She hoped she could just escape this room through the window with Cody, and teleport to his place for more sex, but—

He has a point. I need to tell them where I'm going - otherwise, they'll freak out and call my dad.