Chapter 12: Another Mutant!

Abby's P.O.V.

When I woke up, I was on a hard, metal table. I could hear people talking in the kitchen.

I tried to sit up, but a sharp pain shot through my head. What happened? Why am I in Donnie's lab? I thought back to when I was in Donnie's room, and suddenly remembered my fight with Sarah. She punched me.

My eyes welled up with tears, and I sat there crying silently for a minute before attempting to get up.

I sat up once more, and my head throbbed again. I ignored the pain and swung my legs to the side of the table. Setting my feet on the ground, I took a breath before pushing myself off the table. I didn't realize how weak my legs were, and I fell forward immediately.

I caught myself on the desk in front of me, but my hands crashed into a container of glowing, green ooze. Mutagen! I yelled as the glass shattered when my hands smacked into it.

I collapsed to the ground, mutagen spilling all over me. My entire body burned, and I suddenly wished Sarah's punch to the head was my worst problem. Footsteps ran into the lab. I heard Donnie whisper "Oh no" and felt myself transforming.

More footsteps entered, only one pair. They were slower, though, so I assumed it was Splinter.

I didn't know what I was, and wasn't sure I wanted to find out. I laid on the floor, letting my body go numb from pain before I attempted to move. I heard someone gasp above me, and lifted my head to see Kenzie. In her eyes, I saw my reflection; I was green, muscle-y, and the weirdest thing was, I wasn't freaked out.

Neither was Kayla. She came in and at first looked really worried, but once she saw my mutation, she giggled in delight and started jumping up and down.

Have you guessed what I turned into yet? Yes, that's right, I became my very own Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, minus the ninja. I stood up and fell over backwards.

"Ah!" I yelped in shock. I would have to learn new balancing skills with this shell I had now.

"Whoa," Mikey whispered, amazed.

"Abby..." Sarah said quietly, like she was talking to herself. She looked down shamefully. I tried to walk over to her, but failed because of my shell, again.

I hunched over so I was balanced and wobbled over to Sarah; as similar as it may seem, 3 toes is different than 5 toes.

"Sarah," I said, making her look up at me. Her eyes were watering.

"Abby, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to.. I just... and then.." she broke down crying and looked down at the floor.

"Sarah!" Kenzie exclaimed. "Sarah, it's not your fault."

I looked confusedly at Kenzie. How was it not Sarah's fault? She was the one who punched me! Kenzie caught me staring and mouthed 'Tell you later'. I nodded.

Sarah cried for a good minute, but she calmed down to quiet sniffles.
"Sarah...." I patted her back. "Hey, it's ok! Right? I'm a turtle! It's not all bad!"

Sarah smiled a little at me.

"You don't have to go to school anymore," she said softly. I grinned.

"There ya go, looking at the bright side! And.... I can get free pizza gyoza!" I told her. She smiled.

"And you can be a ninja! Like, a real ninja and that way when you say 'I'ma ninja!' it'll be true!!" Kayla added. I laughed.

"So then you'll get a ninja weapon!" Kenzie exclaimed.