Chapter 24: Spooky Preparations

A/N: Hellllllooooo
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! I IS EXCITED WRITE THIS CHAPTER, BECAUSE I'LL HAVE STARTED AND FINISHED IT ALL IN ONE DAY! Oh, also, it's a Halloween-ish chapter. So I guess that's cool too.... ANYWAYS NO ONE READS THESE A/Ns ANYWAY, SO TO THE CHAPPIEEEEEE

Donnie's POV

"Raphie Raphie Raphie Raphie Raphie Raphi Raphi Raphi Raphi Ra-"

"Mikey, shut up!"

The sounds of my two brothers tussling woke me. Mikey screamed and ran into my lab, hurrying to hide behind me just as Raph entered with his lips turned in a scowl.

"But Raphieee, we need to start decorating for Halloweeeeeen!" Mikey pleaded with a sly look in his eye.

"I don't give a shell what we do for Halloween. I do give a shell what happens to you're yapping," Raph threatened. Mikey grinned teasingly before sprinting towards the garage door where the Shellraisor and patrol buggies were kept. He yanked it open, and ran out into the sewers, turning left so he could circle back around the the real entrance to the lair.

Raph shouted in anger, but it quickly dissipated when we both heard a groan.

Whipping around, I spotted Abby's eyes fluttering open and her hand fly up to her head.

Abby's POV

"Keep it down, guys," I groaned as I heard Raph shout in anger. I sat up carefully, wincing at a weird ache in my leg. One of my eyes was covered by something. Probably the blanket, I thought, not bothering to move it. "I'm trying to sleep here." I laid back down and, thinking there was a pillow, didn't do it gently. My head clanged on the metal table and I yelped, shooting back up into a sitting position. Raph snorted in amusement.

Finally, I noticed Raph and Donnie staring at me. "What?" I asked.

Donnie blinked, like he was gathering his thoughts. "Oh, uh, nothing!" Donnie replied hurriedly.

"You were only shot by three Kraang bullets, went unconscious, and were asleep for over twelve hours," Raph snickered. Donnie shot a glare at him as I gasped.

Before I could reply, footsteps pattered into the lab, and Mikey reentered. Upon seeing me sitting up, he giggled in glee and ran over to hug me, carefully avoided the bullet wound on my arm.

"Yay! You're awake!" Mikey cheered. Donnie glanced at the open garage door.

"Nice to see you too," I laughed quietly.

"Mikey, close the door," Donnie scolded, pointing to it. Mikey grinned sheepishly.

"Oh, right," he laughed. As Mikey closed the garage door, I turned to Donnie and Raph.

"So, about being unconscious for over 12 hours and getting shot by three Kraang guns...." I started. Donnie swallowed nervously.

"Well, yeah. The Kraang updated, the bullets act like real gun bullets but worse, because they're more like lasers. You got hit in the leg, your arm, and across your cheek."

My hand instinctively reached for my face, and I felt a cloth there. So that's what had been covering my left eye.

"Oh," I replied in a small voice, examining my arm and leg with one eye. I peeked under the wrappings and saw charred flesh, and quickly closed the bandages back up.

"Oh! Oh! Abby, guess what?" Mikey asked excitedly as he walked over to join his brothers.

"What?"

"We're having a Halloween party in the sewers!" he exclaimed happily.

A smile broke out on my face. I had completely forgotten that Halloween was this Saturday!

I got up carefully, ready to help out with the holiday preparations.

Third Person POV

Kenzie, Kayla, and Sarah had already left for school, putting all the main decorations on the turtles' hands. Abby had no problem aiding in the Halloween decorating. Despite her weakened arm and leg, and only having the use of one eye at the moment, she helped do most of the standard Halloween decorations around the lair.

Donnie worked on cutting out paper chain ghosts, goblins, witches, and more, working to get the said chains exact and perfect. They would hang them all over the lair, and he had even made paper chain humanoid turtles in all their respective colors: blue, red, purple, and orange. He also added a more feminine human turtle to the mix that was coral colored, and made human-shaped paper chains in grey and yellow for Kayla and Sarah. The one for Kenzie was turquoise, and it was a bunch of bears.

Raph didn't want to help out as much, so he just stuck to printing out scary pictures and taping them up around the lair. Soon enough, there were black cats, mummies, spiders, and disembodied eye balls popping out on the lair's perimeter.

Leo helped out with everyone, mostly, but he also had one big thing to do; preparing the trick-or-treat route. Before Sarah had left, Leo volunteered to help her with the sewer-candy-hunt set up. He had some... spooky ideas, so to speak.

And lastly, Mikey was the main man - er, turtle. He went around the entire lair, directing what-picture-should-go-where and what other scary ghouls to make paper chains of. He also, being Mikey, tried to sneak a peek at the trick-or-treating plans but failed.

Master Splinter even pitched in, helping carry out the few decorations they'd had for earlier Halloweens. Mikey was happy to give his father tips on where to put things and how to position the old (but still sticky) Halloween stickers on the family photos.

Throughout the week, everyone pitched in to make the lair look spooky, scary, and Halloween-y. After school, Sarah came home to help Leo prepare outside of the lair while Kenzie and Kayla bought pumpkins and more decorations, including a plastic skeleton to hang somewhere. That "somewhere" ended up being from the ceiling above the entrance.

Finally, it was Friday night. Only a few more hours and it would be Halloween. Even Raph had to admit, though not out loud, that he was a little excited, and everyone was proud of the decor added to the lair.

As they stood together in the living room, Master Splinter too, and admired their work, each and every one of them felt a sense pride. But Splinter's wasn't for his decorating; it was for his family of turtles and their new friends, and the Halloween the turtles had always wanted.

The Halloween they'd always deserved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHEESY I KNOW! BUT HEAR ME OUT: WHO WANTS ANOTHER CHAPTER? CUZ I KNOW I WANNA WRITE ONE! I'M JUST GONNA WING AND TRY TO FINISH THE ACTUAL TRICK-OR-TREATING CHAPTER IN THE SAME DAY AS THIS ONE.

YOLO AM I RIGHT?

~Ally

P.S. Thanks so much for 1.9K reads! Hopefully I'll get 2K before Thanksgiving, heheh.