Chapter 35: Kraang Orb Confusion

"Abbyyyy," Michelangelo greeted as he approached the guest room. When no one answered his knocks, the orange-masked turtle smiled mischievously, and proceeded to slam his fist harshly against the guest room door over and over. Shuffling could be heard inside the room.

The door swung open to reveal a bewildered Abby. Michelangelo grinned innocently when she rolled her eyes and smiled lightly.

"Yes, Mikey?" she greeted with a smile. Michelangelo bounced on his toes.

"Dudette, you should totally help Donnie!" he urged, launching into the conversation immediately. Abby's smile fell slightly, and she gave the orange-masked turtle a weird look.

"Why?" she questioned.

"Because he found a way to help Kayla and Kenzie and Sarah! He's gonna make this thingy that destroys the MGE moles, and then maybe we can somehow break through their minds and get Shredder away!" he explained happily, but not efficiently.

"He figured out a way to save them?" Abby repeated, raising an eyebrow as she ignored the rest of his confusing statement.

"He said it won't save them, but it'll help!"

"I'll think about it, Mike. Can't expect me to stroll right back in there after just flat up ditching him," Abby replied with a small chuckle.

Michelangelo took that as a victory, and gave Abby a big smile before heading back to the lab.

As he arrived, the orange-clad turtle announced, "Apprentice unlocked!"

"That was fast. And she isn't my apprentice. I don't teach her anything," the purple-masked turtle corrected. "But thanks, Mikey."

The youngest turtle gave a nod that said "your welcome" before exiting the lab once again and returning to what he was doing with Samantha.

"Mikey, we should go ask Leo if we can try to help them now," Samantha told him as soon as Michelangelo came back.

"Dudette, he's totally gonna say no! He never let's us do random spy or rescue missions. Plus, he said we have to wait and see what D can do..." Michelangelo protested, though he also was getting bored of just sitting around. One look at Raphael's angry attacks on the lair's punching bag told them that he, too, didn't like the patient time-biding.

"But can't we ask? I'm sure you guys just storm off without his input usually, and that's why he hates it so much. 'Cause he can't lead, you know?" Samantha explained, her yellow eyes glowing with a pleading look. "Please please please?"

Michelangelo grinned. "Alright, dudette, let's ask Leo! But let's bring Raph too!" he offered, seemingly oblivious to the red-masked turtles momentary fury.

"Uh, Mikey, I'm not sure..."

But he was already on his way to his brother.

"Hey Raph, wanna come with us to ask Leo if we can go save the girls?" Mikey questioned enthusiastically.

The second-eldest turtle snorted in mock amusement as he threw another punch at the dummy.

"Since when do we ask Fearless? He's just gonna say no anyway," Raphael grunted, spinning around and nailing the dummy's stomach with a hard kick.

"Sam said we should try to ask! Just this once time, and if he says no then... then..." Michelangelo explained, trailing off as he tried to think of something to win Raphael over.

"You can have the last slice of pizza," Samantha finished swiftly.

"He can?"

"Yes, Mikey, now shush."