Chapter 26: Serums and Solutions

Guys I'm so sorry for not updating in over a month. I'm having writers block; I know what I want to happen but I dunno how to get to those points! I need some time to plan everything out fully instead of the loose ideas I have right now. Thanks ^_^ Also, I'm sorry if there's spelling mistakes, it's late and I have school tomorrow so I couldn't go back to edit it. I'll do it after school tomorrow XD
~Ally

Third Person POV

"C'mon, c'mon...."

Donnie's pupils shrunk as he stuck his eye up to the microscope. Abby used a dropper to put a yellowish looking liquid on top of a sample of Karaii's DNA. A half-empty box of pizza sat on the same lab table the two mutants were working at, a cup of coffee next to Donnie as he sipped it to keep himself awake. The two brainiacs had barely slept the night before, determined to figure out a solution to the brain worm.

As soon as the work-in-progress reverse brain worm serum touched Karaii's DNA, there was a big POOF! and a small cloud of smoke, and when it cleared, both the DNA and the serum had dissipated.

Abby let out a frustrated groan, crossing off the formula they had used.

"On to number 58!" she announced with a hollow laugh. Donnie's eyes fell to his work, his mouth twisted into a scowl.

"Why is this so difficult?!" he complained, the failed attempts starting to tick him off. Abby shook her head in an 'I dunno' fashion as Donnie prepared for the next test.

Out in the living room, Leo and Raph stood across from each other at a foosball table. Raph reached behind his back and spun one handle, quickly doing a 360 degree turn and spinning another. He blocked almost all of Leo's attacks, and the score was 9-9. Almost all of his attacks.

Leo chipped the ball over Raph's player's head and landed it in the goal as he switched his score to a 10. "Yes! I win, I win!" Leo celebrated. Raph scowled, crossing his arms.

"You just got lucky," he grumbled.

Mikey bounced into the room, Kayla by is side. Their eyes were glued to the screen of Mikey's t-phone.

"Ooh, comment about that!" Kayla suggested snatching the phone from Mikey's hands. She quickly typed something before Mikey reached for his device.

"Hey, gimme it! I wanna comment too!" he whined playfully, grabbing the phone and replacing Kayla at the keyboard.

He turned it sideways once he was finished, and tapped the middle of the screen. A girl's muffled voice reached Raph and Leo's ears as Kayla and Mikey giggled.

"I bet he's watching YouTube again," Raph snickered. Leo nodded in agreement, smirking.

"Rematch?"

"Rematch."

The two oldest turtles resumed their playing just as April and Casey entered. Casey hopped over the subway ticket-takers while April simply pushed the spinner as she walked through.

"Hey guys!" she greeted cheerfully. Leo glanced up for a split second before turning his attention to the foosball.

"Hey, April," he replied, eyes narrowed in concentration. He skillfully flicked the offensive characters and the ball clattered into the goal on Raph's side.