Chapter 25: Raph-Or-Treat!

Guys I'm really sorry for not posting this on Halloween. I went trick-or-treating and then I had a sleepover and church and CCD and I had to study for this Map Quiz for Social Studies and I'm sorrrryyyyy
But here's the Halloween chapter that is long overdue XD

Abby's POV

I cracked my eyes open, wiping sleep from the corners of my eyes. Sitting up, I grinned excitedly. Today was Saturday.

Halloween.

I quickly got out of bed, making sure my mask was still tied from the night before and hurrying out of Donnie's room. The mask felt so normal now, that it felt weird to have it off, so I just sleep with it on.

When I entered the kitchen, I noticed everyone there but Sarah, Leo, and Raph. Kayla greeted me with a huge smile.

"Hey Abby!!!" she exclaimed. The excitement was evident in her voice.

"Hey, Kayla," I smiled sleepily. She jumped up and started bouncing as well as she could with her stomach in front of me.

"C'mon, sleepy head, wake up! It's Halloween!" she urged, as if trying to pass some of her hyperness to me. I rolled my eyes playfully.

"I dunno if you noticed, but I am awake!" I protested teasingly, taking a seat next to Kenzie. She shot me a wary smile that told me Kayla had been like this all morning. I added, "Besides, Raph is still asleep."

Donnie raised an eyeline. "No, I saw him earlier. He said something about getting fresh air. He probably just wants to get out of dressing up," he guessed with a knowing smirk.

That got me curious. "What? What is he being?" I pressed. Donnie's smirk grew, and he shook his head mockingly.

"You'll have to find out for yourself," Donnie replied with a devious smile. I narrowed my eyes.

"Donatello, you will tell me what Raph is being!" I threatened. Kenzie grinned.

"Careful Donnie," she warned in a sing-song voice. "She won't stop until she gets the info!"

Donnie refused to tell me, even after I chased him around the lair, threatened to wreck the lab, and tackled him.

Stubborn turtle.

We basically messed around until trick-or-treating officially started. Everyone got into their costumes with me helping people who needed the assistance and we made sure that we had our candy bags. Leo and Sarah came back with a mischievous glint in their eyes, which worried me. Sarah and mischievous eye glints usually don't end well for other people.

Raph was still nowhere to be found.

When I mentioned it to Leo, he brushed it off like it was no big deal that Raph had been gone all morning.

"Don't worry," he told me. "Raph is just embarrassed about his costume."

There it was again! That hinting about Raph's costume. Something was going on, and I was determined to find out what.

In the meantime, I was still not in my costume. We had all decided to be Mario characters, which turned out fine even though I was now a turtle; I was being Yoshi.