Chapter 9: Mutant?!

A/N: Hiya people!!! Just wanted to say, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 400 READS!!! It's technically more then 400 right now, BUT STILL!!!! I can't believe MY book got 400 reads!!! It's too good!!! Not really, come to think of it. Just imagine 500...

Sorry, got off track. I just wanted to say thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you - got off track again.

I know you want the story, so here ya go!!! Enjoy!!!

----------------------------------------------

~Sarah's P.O.V.~

"Mackenzie."

I stared at Raph, wondering if his Mackenzie was the same as my friend.

"Oh," I said pathetically.

"I think it's her," Raph told me.

"What?" I asked.

"I think Kenzie is the girl I was friends with," he explained. I looked down. "You know something. Tell me. Now." Raph ordered.

"Ok, so, I don't know much. Before we start, I need to ask you some questions. First, was the girl the only one who was captured?" I asked.

"No. Her friend was taken with her. My brothers and I never met her friends, because she only had one and because we're mutant turtles."

"Ok. Do you know Mackenzie's friend's name?"

"No."

"Got it. That's all I needed to know. So, a long time ago, when I was in Pre-K, I met a girl named Mackenzie. She's was super nice, always tried to help people, even me. Back then I was the school bully. Kenzie stopped me from making it a job. We were best friends.

"One day in Kindergarden, a year later, she started getting busy. We almost never could play because she was doing something.

"Finally, one day in May, I went over her house. After that, it's fuzzy. My immediate memory says I just went home and everything I was fine, but if I think a little harder, I remember something else.

"I can't grasp much, just warning you. I remember 3 men who all looked the same came into her house, but then I can't remember what they did to us.

"Then I know I woke up in a room that had pink lights, then nothing. After that I remember a long needle, pain, then waking up in my bed at my house the next morning. I realized what I thought I knew about that day wasn't true 3 years ago. When I asked Kenz about it, she tried to think but only remembered a normal day. It's just so weird." I finished. Raph looked like he was thinking.

"The three people who looked the same might've been the Kraang, and the pink light was probably 'cause their detention cells are lit with pink lightbulbs for some reason. Maybe Donnie can help figure the rest out," he suggested. I snorted.

"Yeah, after he's done with..." My eyes watered up as I remembered Abby. "Oh no."

"Hey, it's fine! Even if she has a concussion, she's super smart, so she'll just be average for a little if it's that bad, right? I... think?" he tried to comfort again. I let out a weak laugh/sob thing.

"Th- thanks," I murmured.

"Uh, your welcome?" he answered, but said it like it was a question.

"Don't get a lot of 'thanks' around here, huh," I noted quietly.

"Yeah."

We sat in silence for a while before we heard a scream from the lab. A feminine scream. I knew in a second that it wasn't Abby. Abby's scream sounded like a dying pigeon (not that I've heard that sound before). I shot up and sprinted out the destroyed doorway, running as fast as I could towards Donnie's lab.

I ran into what I suspected. My friend, writhing on the floor, seemingly in pain. Suddenly, her nose extended, but it was furry and black. Black fur started changing her skin into a coat of darkness. Her black hair melted into the fur, and her clothes were transformed into fur as well.

In front of me stood my best friend since Pre-K, now a huge black bear that looked nothing like the girl I knew. In front of me was a girl who could apparently keep a secret like nobody's business. In front of me, stood...

Mackenzie.