Chapter 41: A Flicker of Remembrance

Dalilah peeked through a slit in between a manhole cover and the ground. Shredder's lair was just a block away, and her heart pounded wildly at the thought of what she was about to do.

Abby stood tensely behind her, seemingly trying to relax herself. The T-Phone in her hand rang a few times before the call was answered.

"Donnie, we're in position," Abby announced through the phone. Dalilah heard a muffled response from the purple-masked turtle in reply, and then Abby hung up. She nodded sharply to Dalilah.

The two of them made their way to a manhole a city-block over, climbing out. Shredder's lair was no longer in view, which was exactly as they planned. The moon shone down on the alleyway they crawled up from, and Abby laid herself on the ground. Dalilah grabbed her feet while Abby closed her eyes and let her mouth fall open, her limbs and head hanging limp. Dalilah pulled her out of the alley and towards Shredder's hideout.

The plan was for Abby and Dalilah to act as a distraction; Dalilah would pull an "unconscious" Abby to Shredder's base, still pretending to be on his side. When Rhazaar and Fishface go to lock Abby up, she would knock them out. While that is going on, the turtles and Sam would sneak in and save their friends.

Dalilah dragged Abby to the door of Shredder's lair, where she knocked. The door opened a few moments later, revealing Rhazaar and Fishface, just as expected. They were surprised to see Dalilah standing there panting, and even more shocked that she had a turtle with her.

"Dalilah?" Fishface asked, stepping forward. She smiled weakly, but they couldn't tell it was fake.

"She kidnapped me when I went to show Kayla and Sarah their hideout," Dalilah breathed, gesturing to Abby. "I managed to make her hit her head on the wall. I don't think she's as skilled as the other turtles."

Rhazaar exchanged a suspicious glance with Fishface. "Let's get her in the dungeon before she wakes up."

The two went to grab her wrists, but before they could Abby leapt up and went ninja on them. Her eyes turned white and Dalilah backed away to let Abby take them out. She was smaller and nimbler than the turtles the henchmen were used to fighting, which threw them off.

Abby swung her fist at Rhazaar, but he dodged and aimed a kick for her feet. She jumped over his sweeping leg and simultaneously nailed Fishface in, well, the face, pushing him back. Rhazaar punched, but she blocked it and kicked him the stomach. After another punch, he was doubled over in pain, but still managed to rake his claws down Abby's arm. She cried out, but retaliated, shoving him to the side. With a loud smack, his head hit the wall and he slide to the floor, unconscious.

However, Fishface was still awake and alert, and had a few tricks up his sleeve. He jumped at Abby, landing a hit to her jaw. In her moment of distraction, he bit down on the same arm Rhazaar scratched, causing it to bleed even more. His venom started affecting her quickly, but not fast enough. She managed to kick him away from her, flipped behind him, and attacked harshly. With every punch, she grew weaker and though her vision swam, Abby didn't even acknowledge the venom until she fell to the floor, her ninja-mode fading. Fishface was about to go in for a blow that would knock her out cold, but Dalilah sprang into action.

She took him by surprise, and though she had minimal training, she packed a strong punch. Within seconds, she landed two attacks, and soon, Fishface was blacked out next to his fellow henchman. Dalilah immediately turned her attention back to Abby, who seemed to be extremely delirious. She was making snow angels on the ground, muttering something incoherent under her breath. Dalilah rushed to her side, helping her sit up.

"Abby?" she gasped. "Are you there?"

Abby stared blankly at her for a moment before smiling goofily. "Superhero!"