Chapter 43: Undo

With pounding hearts and panting breaths, the three girls stood before TCRI. Though they would never say it out loud, they were all doubtful of their ability to save to city. The only reassurance they could give each other was that the Kraang didn't know they were coming. Even if they had been expecting the turtles, once they realized their worst enemies were in their control, they wouldn't imagine another possible attacker. Better yet, they didn't know that Kayla, Sarah, and Kenzie were immune to MGE.

At least, they hoped so.

Kenzie went first, sneaking into the building. Her miniature sword was hidden, but she was prepared to unsheathe it at any second. Upon noticing the lack of Kraang around, she signaled to her two friends. Together, the three of them scrambled to get to the stairs unnoticed, and even then, they didn't stop to rest. Leaping up the stairs in twos, they pulled out their weapons. Their next stop was the top floor, which was where they assumed the MGE control center was.

Kenzie, Kayla, and Sarah finally reached the top, but only after pulling themselves up the last few flights of steps. They knew they couldn't let fatigue stop them, but also knew the Kraang would defeat them easily if they didn't regain their breath. And that was assuming that the Kraang wouldn't crush them when they were at full strength.

In their moment of rest, Kenzie took the time to get close enough to the door to look through it's small window. Scoping the area, she took note of the two, or maybe more, Kraang droids that were guarding the entrance to their destination. Just before the guarded door, Kenzie spotted six holding cells, three on each side of the hallway. Four of the cells appeared to be occupied, by the looks of the secured doors.

Kenzie didn't even have to tell her friends that their break was over; they were already standing beside her, ready to leap out and fight. Kenzie managed to smile at them amidst the chaos, using the small gesture to encourage them. They could do this.

Maybe it was also to encourage herself.

Taking a deep breath, Kenzie nodded to Kayla and Sarah. They jump out into the hallway, charging the Kraang and cutting through their metallic bodies before the robots can shoot a single laser. They grab a severed metal Kraang  head and hold it up to the scanner, unlocking the door. Kenzie hops out of the stairwell just in time to stop backup Kraang from attacking her friends. She gets rid of the two extra aliens before running to catch up to Kayla and Sarah, who are already inside the control room.

Inside the MGE control center, there was a much larger gathering of Kraang. This time, the alien brains were sitting in their floating seats instead of robot suits, but they were dangerous nonetheless. The three girls hadn't been spotted, not yet anyway. They snuck around the edges of the room, trying to inch their way closer to the computer. Controlling the machine were three Kraang droids, but instead of just a metal body, there was a protective layer of blue material. They would definitely be harder to take out than your average Kraang droid, but if the girls were stealthy enough, it shouldn't be too difficult.

Eventually, Kayla, Kenzie, and Sarah reached the computer, and crept along the side of the giant electronic. Kenzie was about to give the signal to attack, but Sarah's impatience had been worn thin enough. She chucked her blade at the closest computer-Kraang, which embedded itself in the robot's head. It sparked and collapsed, the living brain inside jumping out with an odd screech.

"So much for sneak attack," Kenzie muttered, shooting a glare at her short-tempered friend. Sarah shrugged indifferently. With an eye roll, Kenzie leapt out of their hiding spot an cut down the next droid, her blade slowing as it cut through the blue goop but disabling the robot suit nonetheless. Kayla followed in suit, stabbing at the final Kraang as Sarah retrieved her weapon.