Chapter 5: Pranking Purple

I followed Kenzie and Sarah to the guest room. We were still walking when I tried at conversation.

"So, who's gonna sleep in Donnie's room?" I asked, trying to break the awkward silence. "I feel sorry for the per-"

"You," Kenzie and Sarah said at the same time. I stopped in my tracks.

"Say what now?!" I practically yelled, taken aback by their immediate answer.

"We said, you. As in you are sleeping in Donnie's room," Sarah growled, obviously unhappy.

"Why me? Why should I be the one who sleeps in the boy mutant turtle's bedroom?" I demanded.

"Because Donnie is your fav-" Sarah was cut off.

"Because Donnie is a smart person and you're a smart person so it only makes sense that you would sleep in his room," Kenzie told me, preventing Sarah from saying the turtles have a TV show.

"It really doesn't," I huffed, annoyed, but I walked over to the purple-sprayed door anyway. Sarah snickered and Kenzie chuckled. I stuck out my tongue.

I put my hand on the doorknob and turned. It didn't budge. I tried again. Nope, definitely locked.

"Really Donnie?" I muttered.

"What?" a voice said from behind me. I whipped around to see the purple-clad turtle.

"Oh-I-uh-yeah... There's a lock on your door," I explained, red-faced and embarrassed.

"Oh, yeah, sorry about that," he apologized. "I put it on to keep out-"

"Mikey," I finished for him. He stared stared me.

"How do you keep doing that?" Donnie asked.

"Doing what?"

"Reading our minds."

"Oh.. well... uh.. smart?" I tried. He raised his... eyebrow line I guess, not buying it.

How will I get out of this one? I can't tell him he's on TV, they'll never leave the lair again! I thought.

I sighed, "Fine, you got me. I... uh... have-"

"I have mind-reading powers," a voice said from behind Donnie. He jumped and turned around, giving me a view of who was talking. Kenzie.

"What?" Donnie and I chorused, looking at each other with freaked out expressions.

"Yes, you heard me correctly. Also, you guys gotta stop doing that, it's really creepy," she told us.

"It's not like we try to do it!" I exclaimed.

"I know, but seriously!" Kenzie shot back.

"So... you can read minds?" Donnie asked, awed. I looked suspiciously at my friend. She sent a wink my way, and Donnie didn't notice. Time to play a prank on smart turtle.

"Yeah, she told me you had a lock because of Mikey. I didn't believe her until I tried going in your room," I explained, using all my will power to not burst out laughing.

"Wow, that's amazing! How is that even possible?" Donnie exclaimed.

Kenzie shrugged. "Born with it," she said.

"I can't believe that could ever happen! Are you the only person?" he asked.

"Oh no, all adults can do it, and some very skilled kids or kids who were born with it," she explained, smiling proudly. Man, she's a good actress.

"Wow," was all Donnie said.

I looked at Kenzie asking for permission to laugh, and when she nodded, I let it out.

"HAHAHAHA!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU FELL FOR THAT!!!!" I yelled, cracking up. Donnie looked from me to Kenzie, confused. Kenzie was giggling, slowly letting it turn into a laughing fit.

"Wha?" Donnie said, even more confused.

"We totally tricked you Don, that was HILARIOUS!!!" I laughed. Donnie's confusion turned to anger as he glared at us and stomped to his lab for the 2nd time today. I laughed at his embarrassment. After a few minutes we finally calmed down.

"That was AWESOME!!!" I shouted, making Kenzie cover her ears.

"Yeah, I am a pretty good actress. You need to work on yo skills, gal," she laughed, modesty not involved at all.

"I should probably go talk to him..." I said.

"Why? Because you loooove him?" Kenzie snickered.

"No!" I exclaimed.

"What are you peeps talking about?" Sarah asked, walking out of the guest room.

"Kenzie's teasing me," I whined. Sarah grinned evilly.

"About what, your boyfriend Donnie?" she taunted.

"Yeah, she wants to go sooth him," Kenzie joined in.

"Yeah, cuz he's your..." Sarah started.

"BOYFRIEND!!!" Sarah and Kenzie yelled at the same time.

"He is NOT my boyfriend!!!" I screeched, furious.

At the same time, we heard Donnie yell, "She is NOT my girlfriend!!!"

We figured his brothers were teasing him about April O'Neil, the turtles' human friend who Donnie had a huge crush on. I groaned. Words in unison. AGAIN!