Chapter 14: Suspicious Set-Up

The next morning, I woke up to music blasting across the hallway. Seemed like my friends were already awake.

I glanced at Donnie's alarm clock and saw it was 10:00. It was a Saturday, so that's why Kenzie, Sarah, and Kayla weren't at school.

I heard the guest room door open, and then someone yelled "Ah!" which was followed by 3 "Shhhhh!"

"Why were you three waiting outside our door?" Sarah asked.

"Because, we want you to tell us why, right before Sarah knocked Abby out, you all said things like 'Why are you setting up your crush?' and such," Leo replied.

"Uhhhhhh...." Kenzie trailed off.

"Because...." Sarah started.

"Because Donnie is smart and Abby is smart so we were joking and saying she liked him!!" Kayla rescued.

The boys chorused "Ooohhh" before walking off.

"Nice save, Kayla!" Sarah complimented. I could practically feel Kayla's proud grin.

"Why didn't they wait for Abby?" Kenzie wondered.

"Because it was about her, duh!" Kayla said. I silently giggled

"Donnie wasn't there either," Sarah pointed out. Kenzie nodded. There was a pause.

"You don't think - no, they wouldn't, would they?" Kenzie asked.

"Nah," Sarah said in a nervous voice.

"GO GO FIND THEM!" Kenzie hissed, the three sprinting away. When I didn't hear them anymore, I leaped out of bed and walked casually to the kitchen.

"Hey Kay," I greeted, faking a yawn. Kayla sat at the kitchen counter, smiling nervously.

"Hey, my main turtle," she replied. I rolled my eyes.

"No. Just.... no," I teased. "So watcha doin'?"

"Nothing much..." she trailed off, obviously wanting me to leave so she could get back to her search for the turtle boys.

"I'm gonna... see what... uh... Donnie's doing," I said, slipping away. I glanced back and saw her smirking and say to herself 'Gotcha'.

As I strolled into Donnie's lab, I thought about what on Earth my friends were talking about in the hallway. Just as I realized they wanted to stop the boys from 'setting up' Donnie and I (which I found odd since Leo had seemed all against me 'pretending' to like Donnie), I banged into a table, almost knocking over a full beaker.

"No!" I exclaimed, jumping over the table and quickly catching it just as Donnie turned around to pour a new mixture into it.

"Woah, where'd you learn to do that?" he asked, slightly awed. I blushed.

"I didn't... reflexes, I guess," I said sheepishly. He grinned.

"What is this, anyway?" I asked.

"Uhhh.... I don't know yet. I'm trying to make a chemical to add to these -" he held up a box of five watches "- to make them able to turn us human!"

"No, no, that's too cliché Don! Invent something other than watches. They show up too much in fanfi-" I paused, pretending to cough and clear my throat. "They could come off too easily," I corrected myself, hoping I made the save fast enough. He pursed his lips with a raised brow line, nodding.

"Yeah, I guess you're right," he replied with a thoughtful expression. I let out a silent sigh of relief. "I guess you could help, since whatever we end up making will effect you, too."

I grinned, joining him at the lab table.

Raph's P.O.V.

We knew that Abby was listening to our conversation with the girls in the hallway. So did the girls.

Honestly, I'm surprised it was Sarah who came up with the plan. I she doesn't seem like the "mushy girl stuff" kind of girl. Then again, when I said this she explained Kenzie actually had the original idea, but Sarah still went along with it...

"Is it working?" Kenzie hissed into my ear. I jumped in surprise.

"Don't sneak up on me like that!" I huffed. She smirked. I shot a glare at her before returning to my spy-work.

The plan was to get Donnie to stop liking April and start liking Abby. My brothers and I didn't know why the girls wanted to do it. I was only doing it because it might get Donnie to finally stop drooling over April, which had really become annoying, in my opinion.

Anyway, me brothers and I were watching the to two "targets", as Mikey called them, and were supposed to be making Abby trip and fall on Donnie, but she had accomplished that pretty much all on her own.

"You didn't answer my question," Kenzie whispered.

"She did it on her own. See, I told you she doesn't need our help!" Mikey grinned triumphantly.

"We're still doing this, Mikey," Sarah said. Mikey's grin grew.

"I know!" he replied cheerfully. I rolled my eyes.

As we watched Donnie and Abby work together, I began to wonder is Mikey was on to something, for once. They seemed to be doing our job just fine on their own.

Abby's P.O.V.

I had the feeling someone was watching us work, but whenever I turned around to look at the door, no one was there.

I shrugged it off, thinking I was probably just still in shock from recent events.

I reached across the table to grab a chemical for the mixture as Donnie reached for one under my arm. I didn't realize it and pulled my arm back, knocking his arm and making both of us drop the beakers.

"Oops, sorry!" we exclaimed at the same time. Again.

"We have got to stop doing that..." I muttered, just barely hearing him say the same. I leaned back and groaned, but it sounded like two people.

I turned my head to Donnie and saw him doing the exact same.

AGAIN?!

"POPCORN!" I yelled in a desperate attempt to stop our unison. Finally, we didn't say the same thing.

"Ok I'm talking right now and don't you say anything Donatello," I ordered as he opened his mouth. "Ok, so, we need to come up with ways to not talk in unison." I lowered my voice. "And I think everyone is watching us."

"Um... ok, then we write what we want to say on paper, but we will be talking about ways ti not say stuff at the same time," he suggested. I nodded, and we gave off the impression of bonding to our friends, not internally laughing at our words we wrote on the paper about how stupid they were to think we wouldn't know what they were up to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, you got me. World's evilest author award goes to.... ME! Or John Green or Veronica Roth. But more importantly ME! I got 1K reads a while-ish ago and I haven't done a new chapter for that and I may not do one ever but I will try, tho idk how special it will be. Please keep commenting and voting! MOSTLY COMMENTING ABOUT 1K IDEAS! What do you guys want to see?

Sorry for the long A/N 😂
See ya later!
~Donnie