mysta/𝟷

﹆₍ᐢ˵•࿁กᐢ₎︎

﹆₍ᐢ˵•࿁กᐢ₎︎

why u skipping the prologue 🤨  (doesnt apply to everyone)

[name] POV

It was first period and I was sitting at the back of the class. The previous night I spent 4 hours searching online for a job. I was short on money for everything I wanted. Sure my mom would send me money but it was just enough for food for a month. 

The class was about to begin when a familiar face soon barged in. Catching his breath, Mysta took a seat at the only open desk. It was next to mine. 

I gave him a concerned glance. The bell rang. The teacher began the lesson, ignoring the boy's abrupt entrance. 

I watched him with a curious eye as he got out his homework. I noticed how his eyes danced over the lettering of the questions, scribbling down random answers. His brows were furrowed in confusion. 

I watched him for what felt like a few seconds when the teacher caught my attention. She said that we had a new assignment due on Friday, which panicked me. I checked the time on the clock that hung on the wall not too far away. It had been 10 minutes into class and I already stopped paying attention. Wait... Had I been staring that whole time?

I felt a small blush rise to my face in embarrassment. 

'I hope he didn't notice

I looked down at my work and wrote down all the answers to my best ability. The teacher then began explaining this assignment. I took notes, hoping I'd be able to remember some of the lesson for later. 

The lesson came to an end as the teacher let us finish up any homework we had left. 

"Hi [name]," Mysta called cutely. There was slight drowsiness to his tone which made my heart flutter. 

"Hi," I shot him a small smile. 

"Do you have any notes I can steal," He batted his eyelashes, hoping I'd help him.

"I don't have much," I responded. He hadn't brought up the staring so I think I'll be alright. 

"Awe man," He said defeatedly. "I gonna fail,"

"I- I can still help, though," I reassured. He cocked a brow. "I have an 'A' grade average," 

I was slightly embarrassed by my score but if it gets me a chance to help him I'd tell him.

"Okay. That would be nice, fank yew," He said, still half asleep. (I'm sorry but I'm half British so..)

"We can go to my house later if you want and we can work on the project together," I offered.

"Thank you [name]," He said, laying his head down on the desk, "You're the best," 

I looked down at my work, mentally preparing myself to get it all done. I reached into my backpack and took out my Air Pods and phone. I put on a chill playlist. I let Spotify shuffle the songs as it started playing "we fell in love in october" by girl in red. 

I do have a phone number, but not one I can give out to people. It's because of her. My mom. She took that privilege away along with my childhood. 

"Watcha listening to?" Mysta suddenly asked after a few minutes had passed. The songs had switched a few times.

"Just a random playlist, you probably wouldn't know any of the songs," I replied.

"Can I listen?" He asked.

"Sure," I passed him an Air Pod. It started to play "Dontmakemefallinlove" by Cuco.

We listened to the music play as we finished up our work. Well, I did. Mysta just rested his head on his desk. 

"Hey, how're you able to listen to music if you don't have a number?" Mysta suddenly asked. I looked over to him for a brief moment.

"My parents are really strict. I just can't give my number to anyone," I lied. 

Time Skip + 2nd POV

The school day reached its end. You packed away your books delicately into your backpack. You stood from your desk, spotting a gray-haired boy walking up to you. 

"Ready to work, partner?" He winked. 

A light pink blush dusted your cheeks and you looked away curtly. You knew he didn't mean anything by it, but it still made you flustered by his forwardness. 

Together the two of you walked out of the classroom.

"Do you have anywhere to go first or is just straight to my house fine?" You asked.

"Your place is alright," He responded. It was silently agreed that neither of you had to go to your lockers. 

"So is there anything in specific that you're stuck on?" You questioned. 

"Just... uhh," He looked away in embarrassment. "...all of it,"

Your expression flattened.

"Seriously?" You sighed.

"What? I'm sorry I'm dumb," He choked out.

"It's fine, we'll just have to work harder. No slacking off, 'cause I am not doing this all for you," You said flatly. 

The two of you left the school building and made your way to your house. You two drifted from topic to topic, going on and on about video games, anime, school, etc. 

Mysta set up his notebooks and homework out on the coffee table in the living room while you went to the kitchen to get some snacks and drinks. 

You returned and placed the snacks on the table. You began asking him what he knew and didn't. You guided him through all the work as he became slowly more bored with each passing second. It had been around an hour since you started now.

"Can we take a break?" Mysta asked in an exasperated voice. 

"Fine," You sighed, "What do you wanna do?"

He glanced over to you.

"Videogames?" You offered knowingly. 

"Ok," 

You two began playing some Smash. After a while, you got really into it and lost track of time. 

"Oh crap," You said, remembering why he was here in the first place. 

"What?"

"Your homework, dummy," You replied 

"Hey don't call me that! It's offensive," He said jokingly. 

"Oh ha-ha." You mocked. "Let's get this done, or least a good chunk of it,"

"Fine," He agreed, reluctance apparent in his tone. "Do I get a prize or something?" 

"Sure." You said. "If you get a good amount done, I'll give you a prize,"

"What's the prize?"

"What do you want?"

"A date." 

"What?"

"Nothing,"

"Huh?"

"Uhh... dinner! yeah that.." 

"Alright..." You finished. "Let's get going then,"

˖ଘ à suivre

sorry this is so short
it took me a while to write and i got lazy tbh 

also those of you who didn't skip the prologue, you get a cookie 🍪🍪🍪

[03-09-2022]