shu/𝟹

﹆₍ᐢ˵•࿁กᐢ₎︎

﹆₍ᐢ˵•࿁กᐢ₎︎

The rest of the school day went by as normal as it gets. You went to second and third period with Shu without another incident. You went your separate ways for fourth period, the last one of the day. 

You talked with Mysta a lot during class. You felt comfortable around him, he was like a brother to you. Even though you barely knew each other for that long.

The bell rang and the class was dismissed. 

You and Mysta continued to converse as you left the room. 

"You actually ate that?!" You exclaimed in shock from one of his food stories. 

"Well, I didn't know!" He defended. 

"That's so gross!! How did you not throw up?!" You asked in bewilderment. 

"Hey guys," Shu chimed. 

"Hi," Both you and Mysta said at the same time, laughing slightly afterward.

You knew that Shu was going to meet you and Mysta and head out from there, but you didn't think he'd be here this soon.

"I was just telling [name] about that time when I..." Mysta continued.

The three of you walked to the meeting place, Mysta on one side of you, Shu on the other. Shu was a bit quiet. Much more than usual. 

"Why?!" You exclaimed once again at Mysta's foolishness. 

"Because! It wasn't that bad..." He went quiet in embarrassment. 

"That's-" You began, cutting yourself off by the warmth that found its way to your hand. You looked over. Shu had grabbed onto your hand. You became slightly lightheaded and your cheeks dusted a faint pink.

"Eh?" Mysta let out, noticing your face.

"Why'd you let yourself eat that?!" Shu joined in.

"I- I wanted to try it!" Mysta shouted.

"That's still gross bro," Shu commented. You were still in a daze when you arrived. Vox, Ike, and Luca waved the three of you over. Shu quickly let go of your hand, not wanting to attract any unwanted attention. 

"Everyone ready to go?" Ike asked.

"Guys! Hi!" Luca exclaimed as if he hadn't seen the three of you in years.

"We're glad you could make it, [name]," Vox stated with a confident smile and a laid-back tone.

You guys left the building. You were still a bit flustered from earlier so you didn't contribute much to the conversations. 

You were at the back of the group. 

You tuned out of the conversation, listening to the birds chirping. The sun was blaring down with a few clouds passing to shade you from the heat. Shu slowed to walk next to you.