shu/𝟸

﹆₍ᐢ˵•࿁กᐢ₎︎

﹆₍ᐢ˵•࿁กᐢ₎︎

You went to sleep that night with butterflies in your stomach. Your mind kept racing back to Shu. The way his hand felt on your skin, the way he made your heart flutter. 

When you woke up in the morning, your mind was cleared and ready to face the day.

'What if he kissed me?'

You slapped yourself after that thought intruded into your mind. You didn't need to concern yourself with him right now... As much as you wanted to, you couldn't help it.

You groaned in frustration.

You had hoped that thinking about it all of last night was enough to get over your emotions, but no, it didn't help. It's not over yet. 

You got dressed, made yourself breakfast, and got out the door with the same frustrated look spread across your face. 

You were headed to the crosswalk, passing by the local café that you'd often visit. You silently celebrated that Shu had left your mind, but soon frowned after thinking that.

You pressed the button and waited for the traffic to pass.

"Why're you in such a bad mood?" A voice cooed behind your ear. You turned around quickly. 

"What the fuck Shu?! Don't scare me like that." You exclaimed, calming down further into your words. He let out a small chuckle. 

"I was just helping," He said, playfully defending himself.

You pouted, holding in the grin that pried its way out. 

There was a moment of silence.

"Did you get home safe last night?" You asked awkwardly. 

"Yep. All good." 

Another moment of silence. The signal on the sign across the road changed to 'walk'. You and Shu crossed over.

"I think some of the guys are gonna hang out after school, wanna come with us?" Shu offered.

"I wouldn't want to disrupt your plans..." You trailed off.

"Oh no no. It would be better if you were there," He pushed on.

"Alright, if you say so," You agreed. "Do you guys just always hang out all the time,-"

You cut yourself off. Shu had wrapped his arm around your shoulders.

He leaned into your ear. 

"There were some guys following us," He mumbled. "Sorry if that made you uncomfortable. They were getting on my nerves. They're gone now," 

"Thank you," You smiled, looking up at him. He returned the smile. He didn't remove his arm, and you wouldn't admit this but you didn't want him to. "This seems to happen often," You joked, referring to the day before at the store.