ike/𝟸 (draft) ps. its rlly bad lol

﹆₍ᐢ˵•࿁กᐢ₎︎

﹆₍ᐢ˵•࿁กᐢ₎︎

It felt like an eternity had passed by the time it neared the end of the day. I had plugged in an earbud as the songs shuffled. I awaited Eveland at our agreed meeting place. Little time passed as I was watching the breeze gently graze against the grass. Footsteps neared while the wind suddenly picks up, causing all the fallen leaves to waft between our now-facing bodies. There was a silence as we just stared into each other's eyes. I was lost in those golden-green eyes of his that seemed to grasp my whole attention. 

The wind settled as our trance was broken by an arm being slung around Ike's abdomen. I blinked and forced out a smile as the most heart-crushing sight lay before me. 

'Why am I feeling this overwhelming amount of dread? It surely can't be... that I've become attached to this man,'

It was a girl. She had long blonde hair that was tucked out of her face with three silver clips. She wore a casual plaid skirt with a smooth black belt and a white, vintage graphic tee. 

"Sorry [name], is it alright if we reschedule for when the others are available to join us?" Ike said like it was a suggestion, but it was really a fact. How I respond won't change anything.

"Of course that's fine. It would've been awkward anyway," I responded trying to hide my disappointment. What reason was there for me to be upset? I hardly know him.

"Sorry 'bout this- [name], was it?- I just didn't want my boyfriend to be alone with another girl. You get that, don't you?" She feigned a smile, her wide, green eyes full of spite.

I wore a dull expression as I looked at the two. 

"Enjoy your date. Later," I gave them a wave as I walked off. I decided to be the bigger person and let them be. Although my heart hurt when seeing the two together, I knew it wasn't my place to be jealous or petty.

I continued my way to my house when a cute little flower shop caught my attention. It was painted a charming light green, lined with pale wooden shelving wall to wall piled with plants. I walked between the aisles, breathing in the delightful scent of fresh flowers. My eyes traced over the delicate petals of a lovely patch of carnations. My attention snapped as shock drew across my face. I jumped a little by the sight of Luca on the other side of the aisle, head low, taking in the pleasant fragrance of some wallflowers. He hasn't seemed to notice me yet as his eyes are closed, as much focused as I was a moment ago. 

"L- Luca?" I stuttered out. His eyes soon opened after hearing his name.

"[name]! Pog! You looking for flowers too?!" He asked with quiet excitement. 

"I'm not sure actually..." I responded.

"Here, come with me," He went around the aisle and grabbed onto my wrist gently, guiding me towards a door that he pushed open. "There's this cool garden out back not many people know is here. I like to come here sometimes to think,"

He brought me along a path, my backpack bouncing around with each large step I take to keep up with the refrigerator-like man. The cold wind brushed against our faces as the flowers decorating the sides of the dirt path rocked back and forth. It was nearing dusk as it was early winter. I held onto my jacket with one hand. 

He slowed as we reached a large, rustic gazebo. It was painted white but it was chipped all over as if it were very old. The floor was wooden but covered with dirt and leaves. There was a great tree that stood tall and wide behind the gazebo. There was a swinging bench in front of the gazebo and a cute table with two chairs inside the structure.