ike/𝟷

﹆₍ᐢ˵•࿁กᐢ₎︎

﹆₍ᐢ˵•࿁กᐢ₎︎

You were headed to school, as per usual. It was a sunny day, with a light breeze gently blowing through your hair. The sun shone down on you, reflecting in your eyes. The ground was still a bit wet and muddy from the rain on Sunday but it didn't affect your mood.

You walked your way to school, entertaining yourself with your thoughts.

You took in a deep breath. It was relaxing, especially right before a chaotic school day. Like the calm before the storm. You had a feeling something bad would happen sometime today. But 'when?' was the question to be asked. 

You had to walk through town to get to school. There were rustic buildings all around, with some newer-looking shops in between. The town was rather old, it being visible that there was quite some history in each building. 

You lived in one of the older houses, closer to the countryside. It wasn't too far, nor distant from other houses. The streets were packed tight everywhere, though the builders kept the historic houses, shops, etc. 

You passed the old barbershop. It reminded you of when you were younger, and your mom would bring you here on the good days. 

Soon after followed the convenience store, real estate agency, and so on. 

You stopped at a corner, waiting for the traffic to pass. You pushed on the button on the light post. As you waited, a familiar voice chirped up.

"Oh hey, [name]!" You twisted your head in the direction of the voice.

"Hi Ike," You smiled.

"On your way to school? Let's walk together," Ike suggested.

"Sure!" You matched his energy. 

You two conversed, the countdown began as you walked across the crosswalk. You found it easy to talk with Ike. He was friendly, charming, funny, overall a nice person. He wasn't too energetic which was good for you. You never liked people who would be bouncing-off-the-walls crazy

You felt a swirly feeling when with him. If you were to put it to words, you'd say it felt like your heart was being shoved into a pool of affection. You felt at home with him. You knew it was weird to feel this for someone you hardly know, but it feels as if you've known him your whole life.

At this point, you've reached the school and had gone your separate ways. 

For the entirety of the first period you couldn't get him off your mind. You were confused as to why he'd consume most of your thoughts. He plagued your mind like ants absorbing a dropped popsicle. (great analogy, ik lmao)

You made your way to the second period in a daze, you were contemplating reasons why you're suddenly feeling such things towards the boy. 

You arrived a bit early, there were a few students scattered around the desks. You took a seat at the back, farthest away from everyone else. You grabbed your notebook and doodled little drawings around the pages. 

Your ears perked up when a certain voice chimed in. Ike. You swiftly popped your head up to see him. He was talking to Vox about something you couldn't figure out without being there from the beginning of their conversation. 

You turned your attention back to your notebook, heat rising to your face.

'Why is my head hot?' You thought in panic. 

"Hey [name]," He exclaimed. "I didn't know you had this class too," 

"I didn't know you had it either," You responded.

"Can I sit by you?"

"Sure," 

He pulled out a chair next to yours, Vox sitting in front of him. 

"As I was saying..." Vox began as you turned your attention back to your doodles. You didn't want to eavesdrop but you couldn't help but chime in here and there. 

The class began. The lesson was just as boring as the last. You paid attention to the important information but felt yourself getting distracted.

Your eyes drifted to the side, glancing at Ike. You quickly turned your gaze away. 

"Everyone group up with the people around you and review your notes from today," The teacher announced. Your eyes widened, not expecting to have to work with people. 

"Hey [name], come join us," Ike suggested, waving you closer to where he and Vox were working. Together, we went over what we learned and all our notes matched up for the most part. 

We had a bit of spare time so we chatted for a bit. 

"You guys wanna hang out after school?" Ike offered.

"Sure," You responded.

"I can't tonight, you guys have fun though," 

You blushed. It would just be you and Ike.

"Alright, let's meet up later, [name]," Ike smiled, "Could I get your number so we can discuss where we'll gather?" 

"I don't have a phone number, sorry," You smiled awkwardly. 

"Oh that's alright, we can meet at the front entrance after the bell."

After Ike finished his sentence, the class was dismissed and you headed off to your next class. Your thoughts were clouded by the idea of being alone with Ike. You thought of all the situations that could happen, the places you could go, the things he might say. Your heart fluttered as you thought of it being a date.

Was it a date?

You then realized how odd you were acting. You hadn't thought like this towards other people you had met. You never felt the things you feel around him towards others. 

Had you been making this up in your head? Or is this a new sensation you feel for the boy?

You cursed at yourself for getting so flustered over your thoughts. 

How were you going to survive this "date"?

˖ଘ à suivre

this chap is kinda bad but its building on a bigger story 

[03/14/2022]