shu/𝟷

﹆₍ᐢ˵•࿁กᐢ₎︎

﹆₍ᐢ˵•࿁กᐢ₎︎

Today is Sunday, the previous night you had spent hanging out with the four boys. You knew you were running low on food, after hosting last night. You went out to the grocery store. 

You were currently in the soup aisle, looking for a nice can of tomato soup to have for supper later. It was going to be cold and stormy like Friday, so you wanted to have some warm food. 

Your basket rested on one arm as you tapped along the cans until you came across the tomato soup. 

You gripped onto it as you placed it delicately into your basket. 

You then checked over your shopping list to see where you were going to head next.

"Hey," A sudden voice cooed. 

A look of shock spread across your face as you turn to face this mysterious voice.

You recognized the cute little laugh of the boy.

"H- Hey Shu," You stuttered in embarrassment. 

"How's it going?" He asked cheerily.

"Good, thank you," 

"Are you here with someone?" Shu inquired worriedly.

"No, my parents are out of town," You lied. 

"Is it alright if I join you? It's getting kinda dark so it's better to be safe," Shu offered.

"S- Sure," You were flustered by his kindness. You felt your heart rate quicken and warmth rise to your face. He stood next to you as you walked down the aisles. 

You found the next item on your list. Tea packets. You followed down the aisle until your eyes landed on the one you liked. There was one slight issue. You couldn't reach the shelf. It lay on the very top of the shelf. 

You made an effort to reach it, but inevitably you couldn't. You look around for the purple-haired boy, to find that he was down the aisle grabbing something for himself, since he was shopping too. 

You made another attempt to reach for it but failed once again.

"Let me help you, miss," A musky voice called, reaching above your head and grabbing the package. The man passed it to you. 

"Thank you," You smiled kindly, though his presence alarmed you. 

"No problem," He smiled. He leaned closer into your personal space. "What do I get in return for helping a young, fine lady?"

"Hey, back away from her," Shu demanded flatly. 

"And who are you to stop me from getting a reward from this beautiful lady?" He chimed. His breath wafting in your face. It reeked of alcohol. He had an ungroomed stubbly beard, with a pack of cigarettes poking out of his jacket pocket. 

"Her boyfriend," Shu said defensively. He stood in front of you, blocking you from his sight. 

"Fine fine, I'll go. No need for violence," He backed up, waving his hands in defeat. 

"Sorry about that," Shu turned back to face you, after watching the man move a satisfyingly far distance away from you. 

"It's- It's fine," You stuttered timidly. Shu called himself your boyfriend. You were of course going to be flustered. 

"I should've been here sooner, but you're okay now, right?" 

"Yeah I'm fine, thank you," You smiled warmly. 

The two of you continued your shopping together. Neither of you bought too much so it didn't take long. 

"Let me walk you home," He prompted. 

"Alright," You said cheerily. The two of you conversed like you have throughout the day. He convinced you to let him carry your bag of groceries for you.

"Let's hope we don't get caught in the rain," Shu joked. 

With a boom of thunder, heavy raindrops fell.

"Gah Shu!! You shouldn't have said that" You pouted. 

"Let's just hurry, c'mon," He smiled. He chuckled slightly as you chased after him. 

You ran down the streets, loud footsteps echoing in the empty roads. Puddles splashed with each step, dampening your clothes with muddied water. The street light illuminated the street, light reflecting off the raindrops. 

The sight was breathtaking, yet comforting. You suddenly stopped to take in the sight.

Shu kept going a bit, stopping once he heard you not moving anymore. He turned to you. You smiled at him.

"Something up?" He asked.

"No, It's nothing," You smiled. He jogged up to you. You stared into his eyes. You got lost in the purple hues that were glowing from the lights. He moved closer. You didn't back away. He took this as a sign to keep going. His eyes look just as deep onto yours. There was a look of longing you both shared. A look of need. A look of desire.

He took another step, reaching his hands to your jaw, angling it up to align with his. He leaned in, face inches away from yours. You closed your eyes, awaiting his final movement. But it never came.

You opened your eyes slowly. He gazed at your lips with lidded eyes, then to your eyes. He backed away. He looked away timidly. You missed the warmth of his touch and the way it made you feel safe.

"S- Sorry," He muttered. A saddened expression entered your face. You wouldn't admit this to anyone, but you wanted him to kiss you. You weren't sure why you did, but you felt things for him you had never felt for anyone before. 

"It's fine," You responded, disappointment apparent in your voice. He looked back at you. You were blushing profusely. "L- Let's just get going."

The rest of the walk was silent. The sidewalk was small, your hand would occasionally brush against his. You didn't pull away, neither did he. Eventually, your hands were back-to-back. You wish he would grab your hand, but you knew deep down that he wouldn't. 

So you did. 

You entwined your fingers with his. You looked in another direction, your face turning completely red. He looked over at you with a light blush on his cheeks. 

You neared your house. You turned into the porch, you unlocked the front door. 

His hand was still held onto yours. You pushed open the door. 

You turned to face him. 

"Want to stay over for a bit? It's raining pretty badly. I don't want you to get a cold."

"I'll be fine," He reassured. "Goodnight," 

"W- Wait," You pulled him back. You gave him a quick peck on the cheek. He held a shocked expression, then raised a hand to where you had kissed him. 

You said your final goodbyes to each other. You closed your door quietly. You slid down the door with your back pressed against it. You sighed happily. You buried your face in your hands. 

How were you going to face school tomorrow when you feel all jittery.

˖ଘ à suivre

i feel like i rushed this a bit. shu's is going to be the fluffiest path (i think). i planned on making this one wholesome, with less drama than the others'. 

[03-16-2022]