Chapter 28 ✨

Fatima ~

Lately I've been getting to know Ibrahim on a deeper level and I am loving it . I feel like I'm falling in love and I'm so excited he agreed to visit my family . I know this is going to put a bad strain on my relationship with Tahany but I gotta put me and my feelings first .

Ibrahim and I decided he was going to come visit my family on Friday after jummah in shaa allah . I was nervous but I feel my family will be happy because they have been bugging me to get married because  I'm 24 and getting older .

Right now I was on the phone with Ibrahim discussing more details about Friday before I tell my family .

" So when am I going to see your family ?" I asked Ibrahim.

" Well, whenever I tell them and I see what they say about it ." He answered .

" And most importantly you gotta tell Tahany or even if you don't I don't really care , but you need to have your family's approval ." I told him .

" Bett . Imma call you later ." He said hanging up the phone .

3 hours later

It was time to eat and I knew now was a perfect time to tell my family since everyone was here.

I went down to the kitchen and sat next to my little brother Idriss . I was literally so nervous that I could barely eat .

" Salam Jada ." " it's been a while how are you?" I asked my grandmother .

She lives in Saudi Arabia but she often travels back and fourth from Saudi and America.

" Wailakum Salam , Habibti how are you still no husband ?" she said in her broken English making a concerned face .

If it were up to her I would have been married at oldest 16 because her mindset is so old timey.

" Actually , I have something to tell all of you ." I said to my whole family.

" What is it Fatima ?" My dad asked me .

" So , there is a man that is interested in me and I am interested in him and he's going to come on Friday to meet everyone ." I blurted out .

As I scanned my eyes around the room I see my dad with a relaxed face , my brother with a shocked face , my mother with a happy face , and my grandma with an excited face .

" Ma Shaa Allah Habibi I'm so happy ." My mother told me .

" Alhamdullilah!!! Who is he ? Where is he from ? Whose his family ? Where does he live ?!" My grandma threw a bunch of questions at me .

" I actually work for him ... his name is Ibrahim Khalid -" I started talking before I got cut off .

" Wait ! Are you talking about Yusra and Mohammed's kid ?" My mother said .

" Yes .. do you know them ? " I asked my mother .

" No we don't know them personally , but we hear about them in the community ." she said .

" The last time I heard both of the sons were married." My father said .

Ughh I didn't want them to question me about that .

" Yeaa.. he has a wife and a child, but he's okay with a second ." I told them.

" Oh no , you really going to settle to be a second wife , you could do better ." Idriss told me.

" Shut up Idriss." I told him .

The truth is if I could , I would be the only wife but I chose a man who had a family and for Ibrahim I could see past it .

" Don't listen to your brother , there is nothing wrong with being a second wife. I support and he has a lot of money ." My grandma reassured me .

" I don't care about the money Jada." I told her

" Okay we'll meet him ." My father told me.

" How old is he again ?" My mother asked.

" He's 25 a year older than me ." I told her .

" And what does the first wife think about this?" Idriss asked.

He seems to be the only one against all of this .

" She's okay with it ." I lied .

I don't want to complicate things for right now so the less they know about Tahany the better .

" We don't care about what the first wife thinks , she better get on board." My grandmother said .

One thing about my grandmother was that she was going to say what comes to mind  .

" So Friday , in shaa allah ." I told my family getting up from the table .

Childdd that grandma is lowkey annoying

But let's see how Friday goes

See ya babes 💗