Chapter 82 🖤

Day of Surraiyah's Reception.

Surraiyah ~

" Who's that ?" My husband asked me .

" That's my dad's wife . I honestly have no idea why she's here ." I told him .

" I'm going to go talk to them . I'll be right back babe ." I told him going up to my parents .

" What's going on ?" I asked .

" Surraiyah , you remember your step mother . You met her when you came to Saudi ." My father started .

" Yea ." I replied .

" Hello , Surraiyah . You look so beautiful. I wanted to come show you some love on your big day. I'm sorry I came this late my flight was delayed ." She told me in her broken English .

I turned to my mom and saw her upset .

" Mom , relax okay . You guys should wait and have this conversation when you get back home ." I told her .

" I literally told you guys no drama so why do you think it was a good idea to bring her baba?" I told my dad .

" Abdoulhakim and I are coming back to the house tommorow . So I can know that everything is okay okay ." I told them .

" No , I'm sorry . It's going to be your first day after the wedding you should be with your husband . Not coming to attend to some stupid drama ." My mom told me ,

" It's fine we're coming ." I told them leaving the conversation .

The next day

Everyone was back at home sitting in the living room after being called to a family meeting. All of us were sitting there waiting for someone to break the ice . Everyone was able to pick up on the tension .

" Okay I called everyone here to talk about yesterday . I've heard one too many stories." My dads older brother said . ( Ibrahim's dad )

" Do you want to start ? " He asked my father .

" Okay , the woman that you guys saw yesterday . That is my wife Zainab." My dad said .

" Let me go get her ." He said going into one of the extra guest rooms as my mother rolled her eyes .

My father and his wife came out the room and everyone's eyes widened.

My mother was crying uncontrollably at this point and I had to comfort her .

" Salam wailakum ." Zainab said to everyone as everyone greeted her back .

" Mom relax , okay ? ." I reassured my mother .

Zainab was wearing a more tighter looking abaya today then yesterday and her stomach was popping out. She was definitely pregnant.

Zainab looked so awkward, while everyone was trying ti comfort my mom .

After the tears settled my mother stood up and started talking.

" How dare you . How dare you bring her here . During my daughters wedding . You didn't tell nobody she was coming and you dare bring her here pregnant . After everything I've been through ." She said crying once again.

Zainab started crying now . It was just a mess . I know her hormones were all over the place and I kind of felt bad for her because she didn't know my mom . She just married my dad and most likely she was not expecting this .

" Y'a Allah , can I please talk to both my wives in private ." He said as I walked my mom to her room as zainab and my dad followed.