6 ~ Twins

Y/N POV

The time has come to meet Lizzie in the park to head to lunch with her sisters and I'm insanely nervous. I don't want to mess up and I spent like two hours trying to decide what to wear. I breathe out a sigh of relief when I see Lizzie in jeans and a simple white shirt, sunglasses covering her light eyes. She smiles when she sees me and I return the smile easily.

"Hi Y/N." She greets sweetly as I pull her into a hug.

"Hi, Lizzie bear." I return and she giggles at the nickname.

"That's a new one." She comments and I shrug.

"You're cuddly like a teddy bear. You give the best hugs." I explain with a red tint on my cheeks.

"Well that's good because I like your hugs." She giggles and it makes my chest tighten in joy.

"So, where are we headed?" I prompt when the conversation halts for a few beats.

"Oh right, some spot in Soho apparently." She shrugs and takes out her phone to find directions.

"Cool, I haven't gotten to explore that area yet." I comment.

"Let's make a pact to explore every neighborhood in the City together." She suggests and I instantly agree.

"That is the best idea I've ever heard." I agree and she giggles in delight, her eyes scrunching adorably.

"Would you like to walk or take the subway?" She asks and I hum in thought.

"Do we have time for a walk?" I ask and she nods. "Then let's take our time." I suggest and she nods.

"Sounds good to me." She slips her phone into her purse and takes my hand with a. smile. My stomach erupts into butterflies as she begins our walk south like she isn't holding my hand right now. Maybe this is something she does with all of her friends. She seems like a cuddly touchy person from the experiences I've had with her so far.

I try not to think about how her hand fits in mind or look over to her to admire the way the sun makes her skin glow and hair shine. But it's really hard not to.

Out of nowhere she starts a conversation. "Do you like being by yourself or with other people?" She asks.

"Hm, I think by myself, because I feel like sometimes I can be boring or feel overwhelmed in groups of people." I share.

"Me too. I don't do well in crowds. I get really anxious." She shares and it makes me feel better about my own social issues. She gets it. She's this amazing confident person but still has social anxiety. It makes me like her even more.

"I like having a few friends that I'm comfortable with rather than knowing a lot of people. It's just a lot to think about. I always think I'm annoying or a burden in big groups. At least if I have a few friends that seem to like to be around me I can try to convince myself I'm not a waste of space." I share and cringe. "Uh, sorry that was a lot." I apologize.

"You aren't a waste of space. You're far from it Y/N. You make beautiful music and have something to say to the world. Never say that about yourself again okay?" She asks as I avoid her gaze.

"I'm sorry." I offer and look to the other side.

"Hey." She stops and tugs me to the side of the sidewalk. "I like being around you. You're funny, kind, and creative. So if you ever feel like that again, remember that okay?" She asks, her eyes searching mine once she takes off her sunglasses.

"Yes. Okay." I agree with a nod. "I uh. I like being around you too." I offer and it makes a smile break out onto her worried face.

"Good, now come on, dork." She prompts.