38 ~ Best Friend

Lizzie POV

She loves me. She...wow. She loves me. I can't believe it. After everything I've done she actually loves me. I can't mess this up. I'm going to do everything I can to show her how much I love her. I'm just so happy she's giving me a second chance.

"Second chances are thought of to be weak, second chances in volumes do they speak, second chances aren't given usually, but a second chance is all I really need" I sing to myself the morning of Thanksgiving as I make eggs and bacon, waiting for my love to wake up.

"That song sounds familiar." I hear her sweet voice and jump slightly before smiling over to her sleepy form.

"The woman I love wrote it." I share happily and watch as her face fills with her gorgeous smile.

"How did you sleep?" She asks as she leans on the counter facing me, watching as I plate our eggs.

"I slept great." I state confidently.

"Lizzie." She states in a disbelieving tone.

"I did, I swear. You make me feel safe." I explain and she smiles, her face relaxing at the confirmation and truth in my eyes.

"I slept really well too." She shares and it makes my stomach flip. We may have started out on opposite sides of the bed but when I woke up I was latched onto her, her arm around my back and it was marvelous.

"I made breakfast and then we can go over to the twins to help with dinner prep and watch the parade." I plan out loud and she hums in agreement.

"Thank you for breakfast, Sunshine." She responds and I stop my movements, looking over to her with a blush. She smirks at the reaction and leans forward to leave a kiss on my temple before taking her plate and sitting at my small table. I join her eagerly, loving that I get to spend this time with her as we eat in a comfortable silence.

After breakfast we get dressed and make our way to Tribeca. I wanted to hold her hand but I wasn't sure if that was okay right now so I didn't. We didn't really define what is happening and it kind of makes me scared. What I do know though is that I promised to show her how much I love her. I just hope it's enough.

So when we walk by a flower shop on our way, I run into it to get her a bouquet of sunflowers, the prettiest ones they have and proudly present them to her when I exit. She looks up from her phone and smiles brightly when she sees what I have and takes the flowers gently.

"Thank you, Lizziebear." She responded, smelling the flowers in her grasp.

"Anything for you, bug." I respond as we continue our walk. It's slightly cold but not too bad and eventually we make it there. Jerry lets us go upstairs and I make sure to step aside so she can enter first. Once we step into the apartment I help her take her coat off and hang it up for her before following her to the kitchen.

I smile at both twins hugging her sides, her arms around their shoulders before they step back to continue cooking. "Hey Liz." MK greets and hugs me first, my gaze breaking away from the woman who starts chopping veggies easily to help out.

"Oh hey." I greet with a smile and she narrows her eyes at me.

"What is this cheerfulness? I mean, I know y'all are trying to be friends again but I didn't think you'd be this happy about it." She points out, scanning my face and body for any clue to what's going on.

"Um, we uh. We had a great conversation last night. Really aired things out and we are like...on the same page, mostly. I think? Maybe I should clarify where we are at." I ramble, my confidence in our situation shattering slightly.