8 ~ Bagels

Y/N POV

I usually spend my Sunday mornings sleeping and afternoons playing or listening to music. But today, I'm meeting Lizzie and Hannah to study for the quiz the day after tomorrow. To be honest, I think it's going to be pretty easy. We haven't covered much yet so far. But, I won't pass up the opportunity to spend time with Lizzie.

I hum the tune of Tenerife sea while I get dressed and smile when my phone buzzes with a new message from Lizzie.

Hurry up slowpoke.

I roll my eyes but can't help the smile that grows on my face. I grab my bag and slip on my shoes before running down the stairs to meet her outside.

"Good morning lazy ass." She teases when I leisurely walk up to her.

"Morning sunshine." I greet her with a smile. I smile wider when a shy grin makes its way onto her lips.

"Can we get coffee before we meet Hailey?" She requests moving the opposite direction from the library.

"Sure." I shrug and follow her. "Her name is Hannah though...you know that." I point out, not understanding why she doesn't use her actual name.

"Right." She responds like she just remembered. I shake my head at her antics and follow her to a nearby cafe where we both get a coffee and bagel. She smiles brightly at me when I hold the door open for her then we make our way to the library. "Oh look, it's lover girl." Lizzie teases prompting me to look up from the ground. She bumps her hip into mine and I give her an annoyed look. She just laughs and slides her bagel into her bag.

She takes my hand as we reach Hannah who greets us cheerfully. "Hi, Y/N! Hello, Y/N's friend." She directs to Lizzie who squeezes my hand.

"Uh yeah this is Lizzie. Lizzie, Hannah." I introduce.

"Nice to meet you." Lizzie offers and Hannah nods. Uh okay then.

"Let's go and find a good spot." I suggest, following when Hannah turns to push through the revolving door of the library. We end up in a study room in the lower level and sit down at a circular table. I end up between the two girls and take out my notebook from class. "So, we've only covered the medieval era of music. What could he even ask us?" I start scanning my notes.

"I'm not sure, he didn't really say. Maybe the style, instrumentation, and purpose of music at the time?" Lizzie suggests and I nod. Smart.

"Cool, what if we take turns asking random questions from our notes. To quiz each other?" Hannah offers.

"Makes sense to me." I shrug and look over to Lizzie on my right. She nods and takes my notebook from me.

"Y/N can go first." She decides with a mischievous smirk.

"Lay it on me Olsen." I prompt, turning to face her more. I smile when she covers her face with my notebook, only her eyes peeking out to playfully intimidate me with a narrowed gaze.

"First question. What was the most known music to come from this period?" She asks.

"Easy, Gregorian Chant." I respond without much effort.

"Okay damn, then what were the most common instruments of the time?" Hannah asks so I spin in my spinny chair to face her.

"Flute, recorder, lute." I recall.

"Impressive." Hannah comments and I shrug. I mean it isn't that hard of a question.

"Okay my turn." Lizzie decides and hands me her notebook.

"Alright, Elizabeth, your question is...Where did most of the manuscripts from this time period come from?" I come up with, looking at one of the neatly scribbled notes.