53 ~ Tenerife Sea

Lizzie POV

I have a night shoot tonight and have to do my little live performance and I might pee my pants. I usually don't shoot on Sundays but for some reason we are today. Y/N is a little sad about it but I suggested she just come with me.

"But what about Rhonda?" She asks as I slip on my shoes.

"Fuck Rhonda. And you signed an NDA so you could visit. Just come." I request and she nods.

"Okay, I'll come." She decides and gets up to slide on a sweatshirt and her shoes.

When we get to set I'm taken into hair and makeup. They let Y/N watch the whole process and she follows the production assistants around set as we mark the scene.

I have to sing the song a couple of times so they have enough to work with and to get all the angles they need before we transition to the scene outside.

It's such an awkward scene where Boyd and Dakota have to act like they aren't sleeping together because they don't want my character who has a crush on Boyd to find out. It's kind of complicated. Anyway, before we start marking that scene I make sure to ask Y/N what she thinks.

"So? How'd I do?" I ask as I step in front of her.

"You were perfect. I love you." She whispers but doesn't lean in to kiss me. It makes me frown but I realize she can't because of the contract she signed. The reminder makes me mad, but mostly sad. She never wanted to be a secret and got tricked into signing her freedom away.

"I um. I have to go do this scene and then we'll go home okay?" I ask and she nods.

She watches the scene from across the street with the assistants so they aren't in the way and once I smack Dakota's ass, which was way too hard by accident I walk straight over to her. She giggles at my apology and I shrug. Whoops.

"That was actually really funny, Lizzie." The director comments and has us do the scene again even though she liked the first take. By the end of it all Dakota is complaining she's going to have a bruise from the smack.

Once I'm free to go, I take Y/N's hand and wave to everyone. She seems tense and I realize she's afraid of holding my hand, her grip loose and hesitant. I give it a squeeze and look up to her, offering a small smile. Thankfully her grip tightens and her shoulders relax. We make our way home in a comfortable silence.

"I think I'd like to visit more often. I like watching you work. It's so interesting." She shares and it makes my heart warm.

"Do I get to go to your work and watch you?" I ask and she shrugs.

"I don't see why not." She decides.

"Alright then. Take your girlfriend to work day is a go." I decide and she giggles.

We go to bed after a lovely shower together and then it's the start of another week of filming and making music. She seems to be nervous about her meeting today but I try to give her lots of hugs and kisses before she leaves. She thanks me for all the love and kisses me hard before leaving.

I like this domestic thing we have going on. Starting and ending our days together while we work during the day. I could do this for the rest of my life and be so fucking happy.

When she gets home later in the day, she has a huge smile on her face. She practically runs at me to scoop me up into a hug, twirling me around. "Hi, bug. Someone had a good day." I comment once she puts me back down.

"It was the best day!" She squeals and bounces lightly in her spot.

"And why's that? How did the meeting go?" I ask, her eyes lighting up even more.