26 ~ Alone

Y/N POV

It's today. Lizzie leaves today. I knew it was coming but now that it's actually here...I want to go back in time. I watch from my spot in her bed as she packs last minute essentials. She thinks I'm still sleeping so she's freely letting tears run down her cheeks.

I get up quietly and intercept her on her way back to the bathroom to triple check she has everything, scaring her slightly. She sniffs and looks away to try and hide her emotions and I frown. "Good morning." She whispers.

"Morning, are you okay?" I ask quietly, holding her close.

"No." She answers honestly.

"Lizzie, it's going to be okay." I try to reassure her but she doesn't listen, pulling herself from my grasp to get dressed. I watch as she frantically gets into her travel clothes and sigh. "Can I play you something?" I ask and she freezes.

"What is it?" She asks and I frown at the question. She usually accepts with no problem.

"A song for you, duh." I tease and she smiles softly.

"Yes. Of course I do." She confirms and sits on the edge of her bed. I grab her guitar and sit next to her.

"I wrote this for you and for me. For whenever we feel anxious or like we aren't enough...or for when we are scared about the future. Just listen okay?" I request and she nods softly. She wipes at her cheeks and takes a deep breath as I start strumming.

You've been on this road too long, Hearing music but it's not your song

A metaphor for how we feel like we don't belong no matter how hard we work at it.

Wanna scream but your voice is gone, Days trapped inside your head

Overthinking ruling our world, trapping us in thoughts of what if.

Can't look up 'cause your world is down, Walking miles, staring at the ground

The feeling that we can't escape the bad no matter how hard we try.

All alone inside the crowd, Letting pockets hold your hand

I know she hates crowds because she feels alone in them. I just hope she doesn't feel that way with me.

But the sun is always there to shine
The clouds block out the sky
Oh, hold on, Just one more day
Hold on, You know you'll find a way
Hold on, You've got stars in your eyes
So let's paint the sky

I know she has it in her to do amazing things wherever she is. She just has to hold onto hope and see for herself how amazing she is.

Oh, hold on, Just one more time
Hold on, I'll be your reason why
Hold on, You've got stars in your eyes
Let's paint the sky, So let's paint the sky

If she can't find a reason to continue chasing her dreams, I hope she thinks of me and how much I believe in her.

It's time to start remembering dreams, Lift your eyes, see the things unseen
Remember who you wanna be, Let the light hit your eyes

She knows what she wants, she has everything she needs to succeed. I know Russia will be good for her and she just needs to remember why she's going.

Let out the beauty that's been trapped inside
Let them know that you're not gonna hide
Hey up there your arms open wide, spread your wings and fly
But the sun is always there to shine, The clouds don't own the sky

She's going to take off and I know it. She's going to come back and be this force to be reckoned with. I can feel it. She's so beautiful and talented and she needs to show the world that despite her anxieties and fears.