24 ~ New Years

Y/N POV

My siblings and I are headed to Ashley's for a nice day after Christmas meal and I'm really excited to see Lizzie and give her her gift. When we walk up to the building I notice Lizzie standing out front waiting impatiently.

"Someone is excited to see you." Bradley teases but I ignore him and jog ahead to scoop her up into my arms for a hug.

"I missed you." She gets out through her giggles.

"I missed you too, Sunshine. Merry Christmas." I respond as I set her down.

"Merry Christmas." She smiles brightly. "Hi everyone." She greets my siblings and their partners as they walk up to us. She leads us inside and shares a high five with the doorman before we all squish into the elevator.

Lizzie and I introduce everyone to each other before we sit down at the dining room table. "No mom?" I ask Lizzie and she shakes her head but doesn't offer any explanation.

I look around the table as everyone chats with each other and smile to myself at how happy everyone looks. I didn't think coming to college would result in this. Finding a girl that I really like, getting to spend my holidays with the people I love, and finally feeling like myself again.

I jump in surprise when a hand slides onto my thigh and look over to Lizzie who is already looking at me. "Are you done eating?" She asks quietly and I nod. "Come with me." She prompts and I follow as she gets up, excusing us politely before pulling me over to her bedroom.

"What are we doing?" I ask as I sit down on her bed, watching as she opens up her bedside drawer.

"I want to give you your gift." She explains and I nod.

"I have yours in my bag." I inform her and get up to go get it before returning to her room. I smile at the sight of her sitting in her bed, fiddling with her fingers. I sit beside her and she looks up smiling softly. "Can I go first?" I ask and she nods. I hand over her gift, watching closely as she unwraps it and opens the box.

She gasps, the muscles in her neck reacting to the action as her eyes scan the necklace

She gasps, the muscles in her neck reacting to the action as her eyes scan the necklace. "You're my sunshine. Sunflowers are sort of our thing. They represent loyalty and adoration...the perfect flower to represent what I feel for you." I explain as her fingers brush over the silver.

"Y/N...it's perfect...put it on me?" She requests, looking up into my eyes.

"Of course." I agree and carefully move her hair to the side as she turns around. As soon as it's clasped she turns, the pendant between her fingers and thumb.

"I love it, thank you." She whispers and kisses me sweetly.

"You're welcome." I answer as she pulls away.

"Okay...um. Here you go." She offers a small box and I smile.

"Why are you nervous?" I ask and she shrugs. I hum in thought but unwrap it slowly. When I open the box it's my turn to gasp. Inside is a leather bracelet with a silver plate, engraved with coordinates.