10 ~ Sleepover

Y/N POV

I smile when her door swings open and I see her bright eyes. "Hi, Sunshine." I greet and step forward into a hug before I can second guess it.

"Hi, bug. You seem chipper." She comments and squeezes before stepping back to let me inside. She shuts the door as I set my bag down on the table near the door.

"I'm happy to be here." I shrug and walk into the living room, sitting down on the couch and looking around the space.

"I guess so, someone is comfy." She teases.

"I like it here. I feel welcome and warm." I describe and smile when I see the happiness in her eyes. She sits next to me, her thigh lightly brushing against mine at how close she sits.

"I'm glad. Want to watch a movie?" She suggests and I nod. She grins and turns her attention to her TV. She realizes A New Hope is still in the player so she gets up to pick a different one. My eyes may have dropped to her cute butt but that's not important.

"How was class?" I ask as she finds another disk.

"It was good, very tiring though. I just wanna snuggle in bed." She shares and I frown.

"Oh, do you want me to go then? It's okay if you want to go to bed and have some time to yourself." I assure her, not wanting to intrude.

"No! No. I want you here." She assures me and I nod lightly. She looks tired. I watch as she walks back over to the couch and sits.

"Here, lay down." I prompt, and wrap my arm around her shoulders to guide her to lay down in my lap, grabbing a pillow she can rest her head on. I smile softly at the little grin that is planted on her lips as she lays down, shifting around until she's comfy. My hand ends up on her waist and I leave it there, feeling weird about putting it anywhere else.

I try not to think about it because I know if I overthink it I will just get awkward. I smile at the next Star Wars film that starts playing on the screen. What a nerd. My focus is drawn into the film, my eyes not leaving the screen as we watch in mostly silence. She must be tired if she isn't explaining all her nerdy things about Star Wars.

Somewhere in our watch, I shift my hand to play with a few strands of her hair. She hums in response but doesn't express any discomfort so I continue to do it, combing my fingers through her hair. I peek down to her and notice her eyes are closed so I watch her intently. She's so tired.

"Lizzie bear." I call to her quietly and she hums in reply. "I think it's time for bed." I point out.

"Maybe." She decides and I smile softly. "Bed time for you too?" She asks and takes a deep breath before shifting to lay on her back, her eyes fluttering open. I lose my breath at the way she looks at me, her sleepy eyes are adorable and still sparkle even half closed.

"Maybe." I mirror her response.

"You can stay here?" She asks and the way she's speaking makes my heart so warm. She's being fucking adorable. I love sleepy Lizzie.

"If you'd like me too." I decide and she grins, her eyes closing.

"Yay, let's go." She prompts and gets up slowly, grabbing my hand and pulling me to her bedroom. I look around the room as she looks for something in her drawers and smile at the little plants and books placed around. It's simply decorated but still so pretty and so Lizzie. "Here." She whispers and holds out some clothes.

I take the comfy clothes and change in the bathroom she shows me. I brush my teeth with a new brush she found under her sink then walk back into her room. She's already snuggled in bed, but gets up to also brush her teeth. I sit on the edge of the bed and continue to take in her decorations.