39 ~ Jazz

Y/N POV

"Let's go for a run." Lizzie suggests as we lounge in her apartment.

"Yeah? You okay?" I ask knowing Lizzie does not particularly like running.

"Yes...I just...I'm feeling anxious." She describes, so I sit up and nod.

"Alright, let's go. Want to take the train up to Central Park and run around there?" I suggest and she nods.

"Yeah that sounds nice. I'll get ready." She decides, standing to go get dressed. She throws a pair of leggings and a simple shirt at me before going back into her room, giggles erupting from her sweet lips. I smile to myself at her goofiness.

I get changed quickly and sit back down. Thankfully I wore sneakers that I can run in. She steps out of her bedroom once she is ready and we make our way downstairs. The train ride to Central Park is quiet but comfortable as we get used to being around each other again.

Once we get out of the subway we head towards the park. We start with a walk first to warm up our bodies and I smile to myself when her hand bumps into mine a few times.

I can tell she isn't sure if it's okay so the next time I feel it I intertwine our fingers slowly, squeezing gently. She looks over to me with a shy smile and I blush lightly.

"You can always hold my hand." I state quietly and she squeezes my hand in response.

"I'm warm." She informs me so we reluctantly let go of each other to start our jog. It's nice and helps my mind sort out all its thoughts.

She hasn't even tried to kiss me and I can't figure out if it's sweet or if it's bad. Like...she still wants too right? On the one hand she's being respectful but a part of me is afraid she is losing interest.

Our run is nice but I go back to overthinking as we walk to cool down, blocks away from the subway. "Lizzie?" I ask and she hums in response. "Do you um...do you still want to be with me?" I ask and she looks over in surprise.

"Of course I do." She responds easily and I nod. "Why? What's wrong?" She asks, sliding her hand into mine.

"It's just...it's been like a week since I told you I love you and you haven't tried to kiss me." I point out, my lips slightly pouty at the thought.

"Oh. I uh. To be honest I'm kind of nervous." She admits.

"But why?" I ask, not understanding. We've kissed so much.

"I"m just...afraid to mess up again." She explains and I nod.

"But, you don't want to. You can't let your fear hold you back from what you want." I advise.

"You um...you want me to kiss you?" She clarifies and I blush.

"I mean, I wouldn't mind it." I tease and she smiles softly.

"Can I take you on a date first?" She requests and I nod. She really is trying to treat me nicely. She's been so chivalrous and attentive in the past week and it makes me want to kiss her. "Okay, tonight then." She decides and I look over to her in surprise.

"Okay, what should I wear?" I ask.

"Something nice, but not fancy." She decides.

"Okay." I agree.

"Um, I want to celebrate your birthday...since we didn't get to do that together yet." She reveals, her eyes avoiding mine.

"That's sweet, although it's only like 5 months away." I point out.

"We will celebrate again...but I want to celebrate your 19th year with you." She explains.

"Okay, anything for you." I tease and she laughs lightly, a blush on her cheeks.