47 ~ Growth

Lizzie POV

The summer was actually okay. I took some acting classes here and there between auditions. I haven't gotten anything on or off Broadway and I'm a little discouraged. It's not that I want to do theater forever, but I thought it would be good to do it while in school to get more experience. I love the theater and musicals, but I guess it's just not where I'm meant to be.

I also decided that I would take the fall semester to just be a student. I'm lacking a little bit on credits and I was part time last year because of the two plays. At this point I won't be able to graduate on time and I kind of hate it. So, Fall will be all about school. Rhonda understands thankfully and will continue to be my agent once I decide to do more auditions.

I also want to focus more on being a normal student with an amazing girlfriend. We've been great, but I can't shake this nagging feeling that she isn't telling me something. It's been there since last semester and went away for a while this summer but I don't want to continue this weirdness while also working.

We're good. We're fine. But, I just want to make sure we are strong enough before I get too busy. I know she was feeling a little lonely last semester even if she didn't tell me explicitly. I knew the minute she asked for an entire day of just us for her birthday. It meant a lot to her and I want to make sure she feels that way all the time. Like she matters to me, because she does.

I've spent all summer trying to show her that and it's been great. I visited at least once a month while catching up on a few classes and it was amazing to get away for a while. She's so cute with Mia and Mia loves her so much.

Mia is over a year old now so she's more fun to play with. She's so giggly and affectionate just like her Aunt. She's incredibly smart and is already walking too. Y/N plays her music all the time and she sings along to her Aunt's songs in her cute gibberish.

She calls Y/N, Aunnie and it's the most adorable thing I've ever heard. She says dada and mama but I think she says Aunnie the most. She loves her so much and it just makes me love Y/N so much more seeing how good she is with Mia. She's going to be a great mom someday.

It's a little scary that I'm already thinking about that. I think about Y/N as a mom with a little girl of our own all the time. I've never thought that far into the future with other partners. It just confirms that she's the one though.

Classes start next week so Y/N is on her way back to New York to get settled into her suite again. Her and Pam got the same room together since they loved living together so much last year.

Pam actually switched her major in Music Business. I'm unsure what it was before but I'm interested in why she switched. She's waiting at the train station with me so I ask her about it.

"Why did you change your major?" I ask and she smiles.

"Y/N. I mean you gotta know that she's going to be an amazing producer. I want to be her manager or something. She's my best friend and I want to be in her life." She explains and it makes my heart happy that Y/N has such a great friend. I wonder if Y/N knows that's why she switched her major.

"I know that she could be an amazing producer, I feel like she has a hard time believing that though." I point out and she nods.

"I would agree. That's why she needs us to encourage her. She thinks so little of her abilities sometimes. But not on our watch!" She decides and I giggle with her.

My heart stops when I see her walking towards us and smile when Pam takes off to hug her first. Y/N laughs and hugs her friend tight, lifting her off the ground slightly. She looks so fucking good. I don't know what she did since I saw her but she looks like she's been working out. She wasn't out of shape at all before but there's something different.