17 ~ Monologue

Y/N POV:

It is now the end of October, midterm season is upon us and Halloween is approaching as well! I'm really excited for Halloween because Lizzie agreed to dress up as Harry Potter wizards with me. We had a slight argument about it though.

"I am not a Hufflepuff!" She complains, the Chamber of Secrets playing on her TV, head in my lap as she lays across her couch. I play with her hair lazily and smile down at her cute frustrated face.

"But you are, and it's okay." I softly respond amused at how passionate she is about this.

"No, I'm Ravenclaw." She denies again.

"Lizzie bear...you are so smart but you my dear are a Hufflepuff."

"Prove it." She challenges, shifting to look up at me. I take a deep breath as I get lost in her green eyes.

"I could write a million songs about your eyes." I mumble instead of responding how she wants, taking her by surprise. I watch as her cheeks flush, her eyes darting away before returning to look up at me.

"Um...wow." she whispers and I smile softly at her flustered reaction.

"You are yellow like the sun, you are dedicated to what you love and work hard for it, you are fair and kind, you love hugs, you are a midnight snacker even if you try to deny it, you love honesty over everything and helping others, you are open minded, and most of all...you're cute just like a little badger." I conclude earning giggles, her cheeks getting even more red.

"I guess I might be a hufflepuff...but you are a ravenclaw." She decides. Her shy eyes watching as her fingers play with her pajama bottoms.

"Very true." I agree easily and she looks up with a scoff.

"Oh come on I wanted to explain why! You can't just agree so easily." She complains playfully.

"Okay sorry." I clear my throat playfully. "What?! No. I am not a Ravenclaw." I say in a fake offended tone mocking her.

"I did not sound like that...jerk." She sighs but looks up at me thoughtfully. "You are so great at music which is what you are interested in, but you are also so smart in general, your ideas about the world are based on close observation and you strive to understand everything, you like to be independent, you are incredibly creative and like to observe more than engage in what's happening around you, you like to learn and are very logical even if sometimes it's a little impractical, you think through everything and use your creativity and knowledge to be an artist, you are so witty and knowledgeable and...you are blue." She states patiently, her eyes never leaving mine.

"I'm blue?" I question and she nods.

"Blue is a calming but also vibrant color. To me blue is imagination and sensitivity and...depth. I feel like I'm constantly learning something new about you. You're blue." She explains and my heart soars. We spent the next few minutes sharing sweet kisses until cuddling close to finish the movie.

So after that conversation she agreed to be a hufflepuff wizard. We went to a costume shop and got our robes and everything.

But before the fun we have midterms. We have a paper for our writing class due, a test in journalism and music history, and I have tests in music theory and Spanish. Her midterms are mostly papers and she has a monologue for one of her acting classes.

To help her prepare I am sat on her couch as she prepares to deliver the lines. "You can't laugh." She reminds me for the tenth time.

"I won't laugh, sunshine. Promise." I assure her and watch as she takes a slow deep breath.