55 ~ Truth

Lizzie POV

Even though we both know we need to talk, no one speaks. I don't even know where to start. We sat there for a few minutes before I decided to apologize.

"I'm sorry, Y/N. For blowing up at you today. I just...I've been thinking about us a lot. About where we are at. Both individually and together." I start and she sighs.

"Lizzie, I really am okay. Besides, I get to work with a big name guy now which means I'm one step closer to what I actually want to do." She tries to assure me.

"That's not the problem Y/N. You are not the problem." I deny.

"It seems like I am. You're mad at me." She points out and I shake my head as I sit up to look into her eyes so she knows I'm serious.

"I am not mad at you. I'm...I don't even know. I'm more mad at myself for being unable to make it better. For choosing my career over making sure you are happy." I explain.

"But you...you do make me happy. You're the best part of my day." She protests lightly.

"I'm going to ask you some questions and I need you to answer honestly. Okay?" I ask and she nods.

"Do you like that we have to hide our relationship?" I ask quietly, already knowing the answer.

"Well, no. But it's what has to happen so you can get big and be amazing." she defends with a smile, not realizing how self destructive it is.

"Do you think I'm the one that wanted the NDA?"

"No, I know it's Rhonda and her bitchy ways. She made me mad today." She reveals and I frown.

"Okay, we can talk about that after okay?" She nods. "Are you happy with how your job is going?" I ask.

"No, well I wasn't. But I think it will get better now." She decides.

"Would you do anything to get to where you want to be?" I continue.

"Of course. Music is all I want to do. Besides being with you of course." she explains and I sigh.

"Y/N. I blew up at you today because I realized that everything you do, is rarely for you. You chose to sign an NDA for me, giving up the one thing you didn't want. To be a secret. You're stressed at your job and I..." I trail off and sigh. Fuck.

"What is it?" I ask.

"I haven't told you something and I just feel so guilty because I feel like this is all my fault now." I explain, dreading what I'm about to tell her.

"Why would me being unhappy with my job be your fault?" She asks, confused.

"I um...I saw how you were struggling with the job hunt and how Sony wasn't giving you anything. I...I just wanted you to get everything you ever wanted. I didn't think working there would make you this miserable." I ramble.

"I don't get it...what are you trying to tell me?" She asks, squeezing my hand.

"I made a call...well. My sisters made a call. They got you the interview." I drop the secret I've been hiding.

"You...you what?" She asks and gets up, dropping my hand.

"Y/N, I just. I thought it would be helpful. They were being stupid for not giving you an interview they just needed a push. I know it was stupid I just. I wanted you to be happy." I defend even though I know I shouldn't.

"You had your sisters buy me into the job?" She asks as she paces around the living room.

"No, no. They just made a call, told them who you were and that you deserve an interview at least. That's all. There was no paying off, nothing like that. You still got the job for being you, not for anything else." I assure her.