PART 8

She was about to go near him but stopped herself when she saw the receptionist from the 7th floor there. 

"I need to get out of here", she thought. 

She pressed the lift button and was waiting with other patients there. She saw other staff members in the corridor, they were talking about Anne. It took her no time to figure out that everyone was searching for her.

She took the emergency exit and managed to flee from the hospital. She took the cab and told him her address. She grabbed the money, her documents, and some clothes and decided to go to Ava's house. 

She settled herself in the cab and saw Doctor Johnson driving toward her apartment building. She let out her holding breath and said, " That was close".

She paid the driver and ran toward Ava's villa. She rang the bell but no one answered. She waited for about fifteen minutes, "Is she not at home?" She asked herself and she decided to call her. She forgot to bring her cell phone. 

She was finding her way to come in, no door or window was open. She was about to go back when she remembered that Ava always put an extra key under the flower pot which is near the kitchen window. She ran there, grabbed the key, and opened the door.

She went to the kitchen and drank some water then went into her bedroom. It was pitch dark there, she was looking for the switchboard when she tripped and fall.

"What is on the ground, she is such a messy girl," she mumbled and got up. After a few seconds, she found the switchboard and turned on the lights. 

Ava was lying on the ground. She was unconscious.

Anne screamed and ran toward her, "Ava, get up", she shouted and shook her. She was not moving, Anne checked her pulses and found out that she was dead.

"No, this can't happen. Ava woke up, Ava," Anne was calling her name hoping that she would wake up soon but she didn't even flinch. 

Ava's body was cold, Anne noticed that her throat was having the mark of strangulation. With teary eyes, Anne asked herself who could do this to Ava? "As far as I remember no one hated her so much that he or she would kill her. Even her house appears perfect. I don't think someone barges in the house forcefully, everything seems normal."

"I should call the police", she thought and started searching for Ava's mobile. She found it on her dressing table. She grabbed it and opened its lock screen. Her eyes widened as she opened it, she was dressed up as a bride, and Ava was standing near her.

"It means I was not hallucinating. Why did you lie, Ava? It means Eric and my child exist in reality as well." She said and let her tears escape her eyes.