PART 12

Kevin opened the car door for Anne, she looked at him with distrust but then settled herself in.

Soon they reach the address that Anne told him. It was 1 AM, they rang the bang but no one answered. After a few minutes, he rang it again, a man in his forties came and opened the door. 

"Who are you?" Anne asked him.

"Excuse me, Miss? You are the one who came to my house that too at midnight. I should be the one asking this question. Who are you?"

"This is my friend's house," Anne said.

"Olivia come outside, someone is here to meet you," he said while going in.

"Who is here at this time?" Olivia asked yawning. 

"Now who are you?" Anne asked.

Olivia was surprised at her sudden question, "What a rude girl," she mumbled.

"What are you guys doing here, this is Ava's home?"

Olivia and that man looked at each other and then that man said, "I think you are mistaken."

"Not a chance, she used to live here and I saw her dead body, lying in her bedroom."

"What rubbish are you talking about?" Olivia said.

"I'll call the cops and they will tell who is speaking rubbish," Anne shouted and grabbed Kevin's phone from his hand and was about to dial the number.

"No need, I am the police," the man said and brought his identification card.

Kevin took his phone back and said," I am sorry, I think there is some sort of misunderstanding, my niece is confused. We are not bad people", he gave his card to him and asked," Do you know any girl Ava living in this area?"

"No, we have been living here for the past 10 years and I don't think that any Ava lives in this unit." He said.

"Thank you and we are sorry for disturbing you this late," he said in the calmest voice. 

Anne stood there like a statue, never in her wildest dream she thought that Kevin was right, "It means Ava doesn't exist", Anne muttered. 

Kevin held her hand and took her to the car. " Do you believe me now?" He asked.

"No", she wanted to shout but ended up fainting. 

When she opened her eyes, she found herself in the backseat of his car. He was driving, she didn't move and was watching his every action. He stopped the car and got out. He was meeting someone, Anne couldn't see his face. 

" This is the time," Anne thought and ran away from his car.