PART 44

Anne reached her house, as she entered she got a call, it was from the police, they called her to tell her that Kevin ran from prison. They call her so that she could be given protection but she refuses saying that she is going out of town. The officer asked her to be careful and call him if she found something fishy. 

She smiled and took the baby in her arms. She plays with him and then she sleeps peacefully. Next day news of Kevin's death came. 

"Every organ of his body was removed, his eyes, heart, kidneys", police said it was a case of organ trafficking. They get a lead and find out that Kevin took a loan from loan sharks and when he was unable to pay them on time, they killed him and removed his organ. 

Anne decided to meet Diya. She was happy to see her baby. She asked his name then Anne requested her to give him a name, "Lucifer,  I pray he will bring light and happiness in your life", Diya said. 

Anne smiled and said," look at his smile, he loves his name". 

An hour passed, Anne, Diya and Paul were playing cards. Diya finally asked, "Do you like my father?"

"Yes"

"Are you planning to marry him and become my mother?"

"No," Anne politely said, "Paul loves your mother and no woman can take the place of your mother in his heart. I like him as a friend, he helped me when I needed him most. Your mother was great and I don't think I can replace her, I will always stay with you like a friend, like a guardian and like your aunt. I know you wanted me to marry your father but Diya we are not compatible as husband and wife because I never saw him like that and you never saw me like your mother. So stop pressuring yourself to find a suitable match for your father, he has you in his life and he is happy."

Diya hugged her and thanked her. She decided to not feel guilty of her mothers death and her father's sadness.